Monday, September 27, 2010

Missed Connection

You: The driver of a dirty white car (not sure of the make and model) that had a very distinct “Vet Tech” sticker on the back. There was also another decal featuring some kind of dog.

Me: The exhausted-looking brunette in the passenger seat of the champagne coloured Suzuki Aerio you decided to play bitch with.

It was a partly cloudy Monday afternoon and we were both traveling on Willows Road, just outside of Kirkland. My husband began to merge into your lane, as ours was ending, but since the road totally belonged to you, you tried to speed up to not let us in. My husband accelerated our vehicle and got in front of you anyway, but you, still upset that we violated your road, decided to tailgate the living shit out of our car. Eventually we ended up in front of you by several cars; we quickly forgot about you and your misguided attempt to keep us from reaching our destination. My kids were happy (and maybe a little fussy) and all was well. That is, until you suddenly came out of nowhere, cutting us off from the left and then abruptly hitting your brakes at about 40mph so that we could get a good look at your middle finger being held high outside of your window. I flipped you two birds as you immediately changed lanes once more and sped off.

Vet Tech, I am going to assume that you are female, as not too many men drive around with cute stickers proclaiming their professions on their cars. I don’t know if you are aware of this, but you are a cunt. You decided to act like an asshole and do some very dangerous things on the road… while my kids were in the car. Even though I was confident that my family and I were not in any danger  (hubby is an excellent driver, as I’m sure you noticed), you should be aware that I hold grudges, Vet Tech. Regardless of how awesome my guy is behind the wheel, your actions still put my children in harms way, and that is something that I can’t seem to get past. I have memorized your car, your sticker, and even some minor details about your hairless arm. It’s also convenient that we work in the same field – so finding out who you are won’t be too difficult. You better believe that if our paths should somehow cross, I will make sure that Karma comes around to fuck your shit up. 

See you on the road.

3 comments (+add yours?)

Ze Nerd said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

When I become a mother, I pray that I shall be as cool as you are. XD

This post made me giggle, because road rage is the stupidest thing in the entire world. I've almost been in an accident because some guy didn't want a chick (my mom, at the time) passing him, so he kept driving juuust fast enough that we couldn't pass him into the regular lane (since we were in the speed lane)

GOD, some people. XD

Sarah Walton said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You should move to Dubai. That happened to me (minus the bird because that could result in digital decapitation in this part of the world) 4 times yesterday and already once this morning besides the fact that I haven't got out of bed. If you also suffered regular occurences then you would not be so affected and could concentrate on important things like 90210.

thelexhex said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@ Ze Nerd -- LOL thanks! I'm sure that you will be way cooler than I one day, when you have children of your own ;)

@ Sarah -- The roads here are chaotic, and I have many run-ins with bad/reckless drivers on a daily basis. However, this was the only incident really worth dedicating an entire post to.

I think you're onto something with that 90210 thing, though...

Post a Comment

Cake -- and grief counseling -- will be available at the conclusion of this comment.