Monday, October 4, 2010
90210 is a guilty pleasure show for a reason. I mean, it’s a teen drama about rich kids. (Then again, I think all of today’s teen dramas feature rich kids, don’t they?) It doesn’t take itself too seriously, which is kind of cool, but at the same time, some of its plot threads are so far out there that I can’t even watch it with a straight face. In spite of this, the show does offer its target teen audience some valuable life lessons:
- You can totally commit vehicular homicide and get away with it! The worst that will happen to you? Three months house-arrest and seven to eight years on probation! For KILLING someone -- and driving drunk! So go run some fuckers down; it'll be rad!
|I'm a killer! w00t w00t|
- It’s okay to steal from the dead. Especially if the dead was a singer/songwriter. Take their shit, claim it as your own, and everybody will love you. (Though it does look like Adrianna is going to face the consequences for this... maybe. We'll see.)
- Planting cocaine in a schoolmate’s locker is perfectly acceptable.
- Get drunk in public. Especially if you are underage. It’s awesome since nobody ever asks for ID.
- Running from the cops is super fun, especially since they are too incompetent to actually catch you!
- Do not trust anyone with an accent, particularly if said accent is English.
|See these blokes? EVIL. (Especially lefty.)|
- Every relationship in the universe is doomed. Doomed, goddammit!!