Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Random Tuesday Thoughts (AKA Oh, shit, I'm participating in a blog meme)

So, there’s this blogger called Keely, AKA the Un-Mom, and she has this thing – Random Tuesday Thoughts. I’m going to give it a go, because it’s Tuesday, and there’s a lot of random shit swimming around in my head at the moment. So... let's do this:

randomtuesday

  • I read an article in Game Informer magazine last week about the thirty most influential videogame characters of the last decade. It was retarded. Influential in what way? Were these numbers picked at random or are they actual ranks? Because if they are ranks, GLaDOS has no business in the number one spot. Don't get me wrong; I love me some Portal, and GLaDOS is awesome, but come on. There were also numerous omissions (Marcus Fenix, where art thou?), and, well, the whole thing was just very poorly put together. It was lame.
  • My front lawn is absolutely out of control. Every time myself or my husband resolve to mow the damn thing, it rains. And rains. And rains. It rains so much that even when it’s not raining, the ground is still soaked through. We seriously have the worst grass on the block. I have no idea how everyone else around here gets their lawns to look perfect. They must all have pacts with the devil or something.
  • Speaking of neighbors, I saw Pajama Guy the other day. Wearing the same stupid pajama pants. They are dreadful.
  • Interacting with moms that I don’t know is terrifying. This was reinforced when I went to the birthday party of a good friend’s daughter last weekend. The moms with the babies strapped to them seemed especially frightening. I totally lucked out when I met that Selby Chick!
  • Munchkin’s sleep schedule has gone completely ape-shit, and it’s driving me nuts. She actually woke up at three a.m. a couple of times. Fucking three a.m. No clue why this is happening, but it better stop soon. Or else I’ll just get grumpier than I already am.
  • And, finally, if I have to wait until the blu-ray release to see Deathly Hallows Pt.1 I will punch somebody in the face. Seriously. Not joking here.

movieposterdb.com
Absolutely CANNOT miss this!!
These are the things I think about when I’m up at all hours of the night. Pure genius, I know.

8 comments (+add yours?)

Julie from Momspective said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You make me giggle. I started in on RTT since the day it started. I LOVE IT. I save up all my useless bullshit that doesn't make a full post and slap it on my screen. I'm a bit extreme but I've actually made some solid friends through this meme because it turns out there are people just as twisted (well, ALMOST) as I am out there :)

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Im seriously bribing a friend with 30 bucks and a vegan dinner to watch my kid so I can see DH. Short of sucking dick in an alleyway, theres not much I wouldnt do. And Im not ruling anything out, either.

Keely said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ugh, trying to make Mom friends is the WORST. We're all such judgemental bitches.

I have the same lawn problem (when it's not buried under snow). It seems like all my neighbours work from home? Or something? Anyway, they can take advantage of the 2-hour window in which the grass is not soaking wet to mow it, and I can't.

thelexhex said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Julie -- Thanks! Glad I can elicit a giggle rather than a "WTF" out of somebody out there :)

@Keely -- Srsly. Moms can be some of the meanest, nastiest bitches out there. I had that two-hour window to do the lawn... I used it to power nap :D

Jen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You have to actually TALK to the other moms before you can decide they're scary, miss!

thelexhex said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Jen -- *They* aren't scary; it's the interacting part that is! Enter social anxiety, stage right.

Megan said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I have no idea when I'm going to get to see Harry Potter. So. Goddamn. Lame.

I know what you mean about finding mom friends. I don't have social anxiety, but it's just hard to find people you don't want to hit over the head with a hammer for being so obnoxious. It's why I spend way too much time being one of those people who wishes they could hang out with their internet friends IRL. Kinda a cliche.

Oh, and you. I wish I could hang out with you, too. :)

thelexhex said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Megan -- Come on up to Seattle and let's PARTY!
Or, if I end up in Cali for any reason, you KNOW I'll be knocking on your door. ;)

Post a Comment

Cake -- and grief counseling -- will be available at the conclusion of this comment.