Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Random Tuesday Thoughts #02: Buffy reboot needs to DIAF

Awww, shit! Get your towels ready, it’s … wait a minute. It’s not about to go down – I just have "I’m On A Boat" stuck in my head (as usual). With that said, it’s time for a new installment of Random Tuesday Thoughts! Weeee!


randomtuesday
  • I’m finally supposed to see Deathly Hallows tonight. We’ll see what happens though – I was supposed to see it last night, but it started snowing, and my all-weather tires decided that they weren’t all-weather enough for snowy weather. Driving around with almost no traction whatsoever just to see Harry Potter is… well, honestly, I totally would have done it if my husband hadn’t stepped in as the voice of reason, as he is prone to doing.
  • On the subject of my husband, I had not truly lived until I saw him randomly tour jeté into our goddamn living room over the weekend. He did it to get a laugh out of the girls but I’m pretty sure that I enjoyed it much more than they did.
  • There’s a line at the end of Beauty and the Beast that has always bothered the shit out of me. It’s right after the Beast transforms back to his human self. Do you know what I’m talking about here? He looks at Belle and says, “It’s ME!” to which she replies (after playing with his hair a little bit before looking into his eyes) “It IS you!” Really, Belle? Even though you just saw him change back to his human self it took a quick glance at his baby blues to confirm that the guy in front of you, who happens to be wearing the exact same clothes as the Beast you just cried over, is in fact the Beast you just cried over? I thought they said Belle was SMART.
Durrpa durrrrrr...
  • The song "This is Hardcore" by Pulp is seriously one of the most awesome songs in history. It’s also one of the dirtiest. Seriously, listen to thoses lyrics, man! Or Google them, whatever. Either way, the song itself is the shit.
  • I haven’t uploaded any new art to my deviantART account since August. Before that, it was May. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother to renew my membership every year.
  • I walked by a magazine that had a photo of Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart, with a big bold headline that said something about them getting married. Good for them and all, but I have to be honest: they look like the most boring couple on the planet; like their idea of a good time is renting a Rug Doctor.
  • Munchkin’s vocabulary has exploded over the last few weeks, and it’s pretty awesome. Seriously, the day after her birthday she started stringing together two and three word sentences with ease. I love that we can all somewhat understand her now, because that pointing and grunting thing was getting old.
  • Midget is having some sort of holiday program at her pre-school, so she has been practicing assorted holiday songs with her schoolmates for the last couple of weeks. There’s something insanely cute about her off-key rendition of "I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas." I can’t wait to see the actual performance.
  • I took Gizmo for his annual check-up over the weekend because I’ve been really slack on that shit. So slack, that, like… he was due for his distemper vaccine some time last year. Oddly enough, I was told by this new vet that Gizmo should lose two pounds. The cat is a fucking beanpole. He is also part Maine Coon (the largest domestic breed of cat) so he’s supposed to be LARGE.
  • FUCK the newly greenlit Buffy reboot! No Whedon, no Buffy. Period.
  • Magic… muthafucka! (Ten points to anyone who knows what I’m even talking about here.)
  • I found a plethora of left over blue hair dye under my sink last week. It made me miss my dye jobs. Maybe I’ll channel some Illyria (Wut up, Angel fans?!) up in this bitch and streak it… just so that the dye doesn’t go to waste.
Spoilers.
  • Blogger is fucking up my shit -- big time. It's always changing my goddamn font and giving me other formatting issues. Getting pretty pissed here.
  • I seriously refuse to put the goddamn cat on a diet.
So, that’s it for this week. Enjoy your Thanksgiving, crackers!

4 comments (+add yours?)

Stacy Uncorked said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Too bad you didn't get your hubby randomly tour jeté into your living room on video so we could laugh, too. ;)

It is cool when the little ones morph from grunting and pointing to stringing words together to understand better, isn't it? :)

I always wondered about that whole exchange with Belle and the Beast, too.

The vet wants you to put your Maine Coone on a diet? No way! They're supposed to be bigger than 'average'! :)

RTT: Thanksgiving, Christmas Shopping, Turkey Boob Job

allstarme said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Lol @ the Rug Doctor comment. And yes, BOO to the Buffy reboot. Such a bad idea!

Terrie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

i agree-cats should not be on diets, it's just weird. and too bad you had a voice of reason, or you would have already seen an awesome movie!

thelexhex said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Stacy -- If I had even tried to take video of that awesome moment, I have no doubt that the footage would somehow become corrupted... ;)

@allstar -- Right?? There's not even a legitimate reason to reboot Buffy!

@Terrie -- I keep hearing about how awesome DH is and it makes me weep a little each time. Also, I believe that if a cat (or any pet) is overweight,then yeah, put them on a diet so they don't develop diabetes or end up with amputated limbs. But my cat is seriously skinny; it would be like telling Kate Moss to cut back on the cheese burgers.

Post a Comment

Cake -- and grief counseling -- will be available at the conclusion of this comment.