Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Random Tuesday Thoughts #07: Calendars, zits, and movies

Like math, writing a good intro is hard.

randomtuesday
  • Trying to find a good wall calendar sucks. I spent about two hours browsing online until I finally found one good enough to grace my wall for an entire year.
  • Have a zit under my right nostril, but, like… on the skin between where my face and nostril meet? It’s horrible and it hurts like a bitch. 
  • I still desperately need a haircut. Hoping to find time this week because this shit really, really needs to be tamed. 
  • I hate it when my touch-pad goes all retarded on me.
  • I know that New Year’s is just a few days away, but I’m kind of tired of all of these Best/Worst of 2010 lists that are popping up everywhere. 
  • I watched The Time Traveler’s Wife recently and the end result was me crying like a bitch. 
    • I watched Scott Pilgrim vs. The World recently and the end result was me not crying like a bitch. 
    teaser-trailer.com
    No tears formula
    • I’ve placed a ban on stuffed animals. My daughters have so many that it is absolutely ridiculous – it has to be well over forty or fifty -- after donating a shit-ton of them to various charities.
    • The girls got Moon Dough for Christmas, and while the idea is cool, the execution sucks. The stuff flakes and turns into powder, so it gets all over anything in the vicinity (particularly fabric) and requires massive clean up. 
    • I have banned that shit until further notice. 
    • My deodorant is totally failing me right now. I find this greatly distressing. 
    • TMI? 

    So, this is it – the final RTT of the year. I don’t have any New Year’s resolutions but I am hoping that in 2011, I will be able to sleep through the night ccompletely uninterrupted at least once. That would be AMAZING, but would require Munchkin to stop being so neurotic for a two year old, and for my stupid cat to stop hurpa durrping at five in the morning. Wish me luck.

    5 comments (+add yours?)

    Keely said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

    That is a solid goal for the year. I hope you pull it off.

    My hubby is completely obsessed with Scott Pilgrim. I bought him an "Evil Ex #3" shirt for Xmas, but of course it didn't arrive in time.

    Kimber Leszczuk. said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

    I got both movies mentioned above for Christmas. :)

    Stacy Uncorked said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

    I'm having that same conundrum trying to find a decent wall calendar. Still haven't found one I like yet - might have to follow your lead and check online!

    Those zits in that location are the worst - and hurt like a MF! ;)

    I'm right there with you - in serious need of a taming haircut. I've been putting it off!

    Thanks for the heads up on Time Traveler's Wife - I better stock up on tissue before watching it...

    Good to know the Moon Dough is as crappy as the other Moon stuff - Princess Nagger wanted some, but I deterred her by having Santa say in his letter to her that the elves played with it and messed it up, so she wasn't getting it this year...hopefully I'll be able to keep the ban ongoing! ;)

    RTT: Internet, Snow, Christmas

    Doria said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

    Ah yes Ive heard my daughter tell me the Moon Dough isn't all the tv makes it out to be! Haven't had any though, guess it will not make an appearance here :) Happy New Year to you. Im hoping to catch up on my sleep that night as well!

    Pain SUX said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

    Hi there, just stopping by, came across your blog by chance, so I gladly became your newest follower.

    I hope you'll stop by and follow me back.

    ~Steph
    http://fortheluvofsanity.blogspot.com

    p.s. How horrible, I have that exact same zit, OUCH!!!

    Post a Comment

    Cake -- and grief counseling -- will be available at the conclusion of this comment.