Tuesday, January 18, 2011
In light of yesterday’s mammoth post, I honestly wasn’t sure that I would do RTT this week. But then this morning happened, giving rise to a whole slew of bullet points that begged to be pushed live. So, without further ado, I present:
|Check out Keely today -- the octopus chair demands it.|
- Midget had the flu last week, and it SUCKED HARD (it was a strain that wasn’t in the vaccine). At the same time she was sick, my newly three-year-old nephew was hospitalized due to Kawasaki Disease. Not a good week for either Dunham household.
- Thankfully, both kids are on the mend and doing great. Midget even has her ten-years-too-soon attitude problem going full force!
- To be honest, I kind of liked her better when she was sick. She was so much more agreeable...
- I am totally aware that that made me sound like an asshole, but I like to keep shit real, son.
- Every time I geek out about movies or games on my blog I get, like, 0 comments and page views. I thought it was cool to be out of the dorky closet now?
- I really, really wish that Squeenix would release a version of FFVI that has a perfect translation (100% faithful beats the shit out of 75% any day…) and zero censorship. In this day and age, there are much worse things being depicted in all forms of media than a 16-bit representation of somebody being chained to a prison cell wall.
|L: Original and PSX releases; R: GBA re-release|
- So, this morning I was passed HELLA FAST in a 35 by a car that had a sticker for the local religious station on its rear window and a license plate frame that read “Jesus for life!” Somehow, I don’t think that Jesus wants his followers driving like psychopaths.
- Munchkin is finally tall enough to open doors, and this is posing an interesting problem when butt-thirty AM arrives, because she will walk out of her room. I put up a baby gate but now she climbs over it. I raised the gate ever so slightly and now she shimmies her way under it.
- Clearly I need to think waaaaaaaaaaaay outside of the proverbial box.
- I think one of my BFFs has lost her goddamn mind. If she didn’t live all the way on the other end of the continent I would sit her down and tell her how stupid she’s being.
- I’m at the age now where having a filter doesn’t seem like it’s all that beneficial anymore.
- I’m also at the age where I need to start looking for a good firming lotion – a preemptive move, if you will.
- Last night, I randomly recalled a conversation Jeremy and I were having about a character from Chrono Trigger having the worst name ever. I stated laughing so hard that I questioned my sanity.
- I told Jeremy about this during our commute and nearly died because, once again, I could not stop laughing. He’s right, though – Marle’s not a name. It’s a sound.
- I’ve been on a pretty major Black Eyed Peas kick lately, and as a result “My Humps” has been stuck in my head for days.
- I am really, really stoked for Marvel vs. Capcom 3’s release next month (Feb. 15th). The addition of Phoenix/ Dark Phoenix raised the nerdgasm bar by about a thousand percent.
- No, really. I don’t need an elaborate Valentine’s dinner or a box of truffles. I will be cool with practicing 36 hit Ultra Combos and unlocking Achievements.
- I love me some Batman, but I think eighteen monthly Batman titles is excessive as fuck. DC needs to scale that shit back some.
- I feel somehow wrong for using a bottle of Mensroom Original Red to slow-cook corned beef, but it was the only beer left. I really would have preferred to drink it.
- Shirtless Kirk is seriously the best smelling cologne, like, ever.
- I should really be napping right now.
Amazon.comDon't let this packaging fool you!!