Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Random Tuesday Thoughts #10: I don't know what to call this one

In light of yesterday’s mammoth post, I honestly wasn’t sure that I would do RTT this week. But then this morning happened, giving rise to a whole slew of bullet points that begged to be pushed live. So, without further ado, I present:

randomtuesday
Check out Keely today -- the octopus chair demands it.
  • Midget had the flu last week, and it SUCKED HARD (it was a strain that wasn’t in the vaccine). At the same time she was sick, my newly three-year-old nephew was hospitalized due to Kawasaki Disease. Not a good week for either Dunham household.
  • Thankfully, both kids are on the mend and doing great. Midget even has her ten-years-too-soon attitude problem going full force! 
  • To be honest, I kind of liked her better when she was sick. She was so much more agreeable...
  • I am totally aware that that made me sound like an asshole, but I like to keep shit real, son.
  • Every time I geek out about movies or games on my blog I get, like, 0 comments and page views. I thought it was cool to be out of the dorky closet now?
  • I really, really wish that Squeenix would release a version of FFVI that has a perfect translation (100% faithful beats the shit out of 75% any day…) and zero censorship. In this day and age, there are much worse things being depicted in all forms of media than a 16-bit representation of somebody being chained to a prison cell wall.
L: Original and PSX releases; R: GBA re-release
  • So, this morning I was passed HELLA FAST in a 35 by a car that had a sticker for the local religious station on its rear window and a license plate frame that read “Jesus for life!” Somehow, I don’t think that Jesus wants his followers driving like psychopaths.
  • Munchkin is finally tall enough to open doors, and this is posing an interesting problem when butt-thirty AM arrives, because she will walk out of her room. I put up a baby gate but now she climbs over it. I raised the gate ever so slightly and now she shimmies her way under it.
  • Clearly I need to think waaaaaaaaaaaay outside of the proverbial box.
  • I think one of my BFFs has lost her goddamn mind. If she didn’t live all the way on the other end of the continent I would sit her down and tell her how stupid she’s being.
  • I’m at the age now where having a filter doesn’t seem like it’s all that beneficial anymore.
  • I’m also at the age where I need to start looking for a good firming lotion – a preemptive move, if you will.
  • Last night, I randomly recalled a conversation Jeremy and I were having about a character from Chrono Trigger having the worst name ever. I stated laughing so hard that I questioned my sanity.
  • I told Jeremy about this during our commute and nearly died because, once again, I could not stop laughing. He’s right, though – Marle’s not a name. It’s a sound.
  • I’ve been on a pretty major Black Eyed Peas kick lately, and as a result “My Humps” has been stuck in my head for days.
  • I am really, really stoked for Marvel vs. Capcom 3’s release next month (Feb. 15th). The addition of Phoenix/ Dark Phoenix raised the nerdgasm bar by about a thousand percent.
Yes, please.
  • No, really. I don’t need an elaborate Valentine’s dinner or a box of truffles. I will be cool with practicing 36 hit Ultra Combos and unlocking Achievements.
  • I love me some Batman, but I think eighteen monthly Batman titles is excessive as fuck. DC needs to scale that shit back some.
  • I feel somehow wrong for using a bottle of Mensroom Original Red to slow-cook corned beef, but it was the only beer left. I really would have preferred to drink it.
  • Shirtless Kirk is seriously the best smelling cologne, like, ever.
  • I should really be napping right now.
Good lord, I need to STFU before I end up writing a 900 page essay comprised entirely of psycho-babble! BTW, I'm totally serious about that Shirtless Kirk bit. Get it for your men, ladies. Or, hell, get it for yourselves. Either way, it smells amazing.

Amazon.com
Don't let this packaging fool you!!

8 comments (+add yours?)

Jess said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Kawasaki disease? Jesus, I hope the little one is ok.
Aren't all kids much more agreeable when sick. My 8 year old sure is.
They make a doorknob childproofer so that your little one can't turn the knob, check that shit out, I am going to have to soon.
Love your random thoughts!
Jess

Kimber Leszczuk. said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love your random tuesday thoughts! :)

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Kirk>>>>Jesus

thelexhex said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Jess -- Dude, I was at Babies R 'Us this morning and they didn't have those! Instead they had the stupid glow in the dark cases that show your kid exactly where the doorknob is when they want to frolic at 4am, though. >_<

Megan said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I think I have some extra doorknob things. I will send them to you. I wanted to send the girls some pressies anyway.

Dude. You know I love you. But I literally could not think of ANYTHING to say on your last post. I mean, I had NO idea what you were talking about! But! I love your enthusiasm. I guess I could have said that...

thelexhex said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Megan -- You just made me LOLZ. Do the pressies include brighter attitudes? Because Midget could really use something like that...

allstarme said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Yes, kids are way more agreeable when sick. My oldest just got the funk today. And I totally agree about Batman. I had to seriously pare down my pull list because I was giving DC ALL my extra cash every month. I'm down to only 5 or 6 titles now.

Doria said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

haha.. I can relate to most of this post. Let me add, I did view the post about the game stuff previously, I just know absolutely NOTHING about video games, unless it's Mario! hahah.. Sorry! Love the post tho and glad the Munchkin is feeling bettah!

Post a Comment

Cake -- and grief counseling -- will be available at the conclusion of this comment.