Tuesday, January 4, 2011
I think that my intro is supposed to have some sort of “hey, it’s 2011!!” spin to it this week, but I’m not really feeling it. Regardless of whether it’s 2010 or 2011, it’s still Tuesday.
|Visit Keely. She's rad.|
- We got hit with some more snow last week, which really sucked.
- Oddly enough, I am the only person in the neighborhood who shoveled their goddamn driveway.
- If you know what I look like, then you know that the mental image of me going to town with a giant-ass snow shovel is just… weird.
- There were two ladies walking laps as I worked on the driveway; one of which was wearing her baby on her back. (Remember what I said previously?) Anyway, Midget has this little doll that wears a sweater and a mini skirt, and she was playing with her in the snow. On the second pass near our house, she happily proclaimed that her doll was a snow girl to the women (first pass was all saccharine greetings). Anyway, as they walked away, I overheard one say to the other “In a mini skirt?” with the sort of wtf tone you give somebody who claims they shot el chupacabra in their yard. I held my tongue, but I really, really wanted to shout, “SHE’S FOUR, ASSHOLE!”
- I know that was really long-winded, but I had to share.
- I finally got a haircut, but once again, my fringe was brutalized. I reckon it’s time to stop going to the nearest Great Clips and find an actual hairdresser.
- As this woman bullied my hair, she asked me if Midget was part Mexican (specifically, if her father was Mexican). It was so random and sudden that I didn't even think to tell her that I'm Puerto Rican. What does it matter anyway, right? BTW, Midget looks very much like her dad -- white.
|If this is not fair skin than I don't know what is.|
- Forgive me, but… Why is it that every Great Clips ever employs surly, heavily-accented Asian women? Surely I’m not the only one who has noticed this?
- I’m confident that that last thought will be taken the wrong way by somebody somewhere.
- Yesterday at the grocery, this super frail old woman came up to me and asked me very quietly, “Are you a Christian?” I told her that I wasn’t, and she was like, “Oh.” Less than a second later, Munchkin looked directly at her and said, “Bad guy! Bad guy, Mommy! Bad guy!!” The whole thing was just fucking weird.