Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Random Tuesday Thoughts #12: Seeing S.T.A.R.S.

Once upon a time, there was a chick called Lex who had way too much shit swimming around in her head, and not enough time or patience to turn any of it into a coherent blog post.

randomtuesday
Do eeeet.
  • I have dyed my hair entirely too much in the last week. What was supposed to be a simple change from brown to purple somehow went terribly, horrifically wrong. At one point it was so bad that I REQUIRED my amazingly awesome S.T.A.R.S. cap to even leave the house. As much as I fucking love that hat, it has never been a necessity before. 
  • Final hair colour after all of the fuckery: brown-burgundy. It’s hella dark, hella cute. Hella safe. 
  • Chevelle is a terribly underrated band. Terribly. UNDERRATED. 
  • Both girls had a bout with "mild" gastroenteritis last week and it was straight up brutal. It didn’t come on until one in the morning for Midget; we stayed up almost the whole night as she vomited repeatedly at completely random intervals. Two days later, it was Munchkin’s turn to do the same thing. Fucking awful, man. (I got hit with it yesterday and I still feel like I am dying. Poor girls!!
  • Henry Cavill has been cast as Superman. I don’t know how I feel about this yet, probably because I have been watching Tom Welling fill the role on Smallville for so many years now. Whatever; I dig Zack Snyder movies. I’m confident that his Superman will bring it. 
  • Speaking of Zack Snyder movies, I really want to see Sucker Punch. Who’s with me? 
  • I will have lived in my house for a year as of April, and there isn’t a single photo hanging up anywhere. I need to change this, and fast. 
This NEEDS to be hanging up somewhere.
  • Hey, remember that phantom smell I was bitching about for weeks? It stopped – after I quit the wellbutrin! My doctor is probably going to be like, “WTF?!” but I’d rather be prone to bouts of sadness than pull my hair out trying to figure out why everything smells like an ashtray. 
  • We have one of those self-closing metal gates that the top of our stairs, and Midget has figured out how to open it. This is absolutely fucking terrifying for obvious reasons. 
  • Might have a dinner guest over later this week. That means that I have to scrub the house up and down and make sure that all traces of a struggle have been eradicated. 
  • A three-book set of Yoshitaka Amano’s Final Fantasy artwork is being released in May. It’s going to retail for 129.99 but I want it!!! 
  • The Suicide Girls are getting a comic. What the fuck, Universe?! 
idwpublishing.com
There is no God.
Man, oh, man. Oh, man. I’m still hella out of if thanks to yesterday’s excruciating fun and games. I’m not coherent enough to type out an elaborately articulate closing paragraph. Stay classy, folks.

4 comments (+add yours?)

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ugh, whats the comic going to be like "Look at me, Im so edgy cause I have a Star Wars tattoo and daddy issues."

Doria said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Suicide Girls? Umm, no idea! I need to dye my hair, damn! I saw this latino lady at the carwash over the weekend and she was rawking the nice red/pink color I want. Damn you latino lady for having the hair color I want and not being able to tell me where you got it! :)

allstarme said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I feel like the collective response to Cavill as Superman was just "meh". I don't care one way or the other, I'm realizing. I'll still see it. And what Chevelle songs are good? I have heard them but might give them another shot.

thelexhex said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Doria -- I hate it when I see someone rocking a hair colour I want. Have you tried looking at L'Oreal Mega Reads? Might be one of those?

@Allstar -- I agree about that "meh!" As for good Chevelle songs, I will heartily recommend Letter from a Thief, Sleep Apnea, and Forfeit. Good stuff! :D

Post a Comment

Cake -- and grief counseling -- will be available at the conclusion of this comment.