Monday, March 28, 2011

A letter to Insomnia

Dear Insomnia,

It has been somewhere around fifteen long years since our on-again off-again relationship began, and I feel that it is as toxic as ever. You forced your way into my life out of nowhere and you still refuse to leave. Sometimes you strike when I am so exhausted that I can’t even see straight (adding to said exhaustion). Sometimes you lull me into a false sense of security, allowing me to sleep peacefully for a couple of hours before I wake up to use the loo, only to discover you in my bed, making me uncomfortable and filling my head with trivial things that have no place in anybody's thought process at four in the morning.

Dude, this has gone on for too long. If you had a corporeal form I would stab you. Repeatedly. I would do horrible, horrible things to you as payback for the many hours (years?) of precious sleep that I have missed out on because of you. Sleep that is more important than ever now that I have children to take care of, a house to maintain, and roughly twenty hours of driving to do every week. I cannot adequately function on so little rest; I become cranky and lethargic. I just can’t have that, especially since nap time is fleeting.

Insomnia, I know that you and I are not done, and we are clearly in this for the long haul, but that does not stop me from wishing you the absolute worst (again, if you had a corporeal form). Why can’t you pester somebody that deserves the sleep deprivation, like any number of the disgusting assholes in the big, big world?

Sincerely wishing I could murder you,

Lex

5 comments (+add yours?)

Doria said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I hope you get some sleep soon lady :)

thelexhex said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

LOL Thanks! :D

Megan said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Damn, I can relate to this. I've had severe insomnia since I was eleven. It isn't as bad lately, but it's fucked a lot of shit up for me over the years. A lot.

Hope you can get some rest...someday.

Marisa said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hoping the gentleman name Mr. Insomnia left for the night. He came by our house last night which was fun :-s

With a box of wine,
Marisa

thelexhex said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks, you guys. If insomnia could somehow DIAF that would be great for all of us, yes??

Post a Comment

Cake -- and grief counseling -- will be available at the conclusion of this comment.