Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Random Tuesday Thoughts #20: Still going

Okay, so, I know that Keely has announced a Random Tuesday hiatus, but I’ve grown so accustomed to doing this every week that I just. Can’t. Stop. With that being said… 


Link to Keely's has been disabled for now. Sad face.
  • I went to the emergency room last week due to an adverse (allergic?) reaction to an anti-depressant called effexor. I was going to write a post about it, but it was actually quite boring. The highlight reel includes an EKG (I had some burning in my chest and arms), blood work, and a CAT-Scan (to rule out any neurological damage). Thankfully, everything turned out okay. 
  • It should go without saying that I am scared shitless of the medical bills that are going to start arriving (our insurance sort of sucks). Oh, how I miss Kaiser Permanente!!! 
  • Midget has suddenly become deathly afraid of things that go bump in the night. Last night she completely flipped her shit because the dryer was running – and, obviously, making noises. 
  • Now that the weather is slowly but surely warming up, I feel motivated to work on the house again. We moved in a year ago later this week and the place is still a massive work-in-progress. 
  • Ironically, I just turned the heater up. 
  • I started Resident Evil 5 last week (like I said I would). I have only completed Chapter 1-1. It probably will take me twelve years to finish it.
  • I finished all six volumes of The Walking Dead. Reading graphic novels should not be so stressful. Book Four, in particular, is just… wow. 

Hrrmmm. I really don’t have much to say this week. Maybe I can make up for it with incessant Twitter-babble and an actual post about any number of random topics soon? IDK. We’ll see. For now, though? I have to get Munchkin off of the dining room table.

4 comments (+add yours?)

Stacy Uncorked said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Glad the emergency room visit turned out to be boring - and that you turned out OK! Our insurance sucks, too - we're still paying off a hospital bill from 2 years ago.

Poor Midget! One of our dogs gets freaked out when the dryer is running at night - he does little burfer barks that are more annoying than whatever noise the dryer's making.

Isn't it funny how any bit of warmer weather motivates working on the house? Mother Nature keeps giving - then taking away - our motivation. ;)

Thanks a bunch for linking up! I'll have a linky again next week...can't do Tuesday's without the random. Hopefully Keely will be back from her hiatus soon! :)

RTT Rebel

Marisa said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hoping you are feeling better! I'd send over boxed wine if I could.

thelexhex said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Stacy -- I miss Keely already, which is kind of weird b/c she's not dead or anything.

Also, that is one of the many reasons why I can't have dogs! They tend to be so damn neurotic; I don't have the patience for it.

@Marisa -- Thanks! Boxed wine? Word. Though I'm more of a beer chick, myself :D

Doria said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

My daughter came running into my room the other night, we had bad thunder storms, she jumped in the bed at 5ish AM and then wiggled around for the next 2 hours... Grrrr! Hope you are feeling better. Yays for working on Resident Evil.

Post a Comment

Cake -- and grief counseling -- will be available at the conclusion of this comment.