Tuesday, April 5, 2011
I don’t really have a clear opening paragraph this week. Let’s just get this shit started, yes?
- I’m going to start out by saying that Pussy Stampede is the best name for a segment of anything EVER. (It’s the portion of Web Soup where they highlight viral cat videos.)
- LCD Soundsystem played their last show over the weekend, which makes me rather sad. Good music is seriously hard to come by. The Soulwax Shibuya Mix of Daft Punk is Playing at My House will always be one of my personal favourites.
- Jeremy got me the Biohazard Sound Chronicle Best Track Box, which is a pretty rad thing for me. It’s a boxed set of almost every Resident Evil soundtrack (0 through 4, and Code: Veronica X). It’s amazing – I love it.
- Listening to the set was a total nostalgia attack – particularly the soundtracks to RE2 and RE: Code: Veronica. Good times.
- BTW, listening to the scary tunes from the first RE (the remastered, re-arranged stuff from the remake) while your husband creeps up behind you to grab a boob? TERRIFYING.
- Yesterday was my dad’s birthday, and even though I bought his card weeks ago, I have yet to send it out. My inability to mail out cards on time has actually become sort of a running joke (annoyance) with my family. I ALWAYS get shit for it.
- Jeremy watches the Celebrity Apprentice. I mention this because I happened to be around when Meatloaf went all apeshit on Gary Busey. It was so. fucking. weird.
- Related: Donald Trump’s son looks hella dodgy.
- My traffic is down and I have lost a couple of followers over the last week or so. I’m not entirely sure of why; I have yet to talk about decapitating dogs for the health department or my intense dislike for grilled cheese sandwiches.
On that fabulous note, I’m going to chill out on the random for the time being and see if I can finally mail out that damn birthday card…