Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Oh, hai Tuesday!
|Link (still) disabled until further notice :(|
- Holy shit – Street Fighter is on. (The Jeanne-Claude Van Damme one.)
- Goddamn, this movie sucks. This isn’t new information by any means, but… wow. This is brutally bad. Why was this even made??
- I have a sore throat. It’s horrible and I want it to go away. (I have a baby to meet! I can’t meet her if I’m sick!)
- Last week we got hit by a freak snow storm. It was so weird and, well… weird. I was pretty pissed as it was happening, but at least it didn’t stick!
- My cherry blossom tree, which was finally starting bloom, is now looking pretty rough because of the sudden onset of snow. Any little flowery cuteness on it has gone away completely, and it’s just hanging out, looking defeated.
- The girls and I can’t seem to stop watching Tangled. I think we’ve seen it four or five times since we got it (plus we saw it in the theatre). I don’t mind, though – I quite enjoy it.
- Speaking of movies, I am so fucking stoked to get Deathly Hallows on blu-ray!!
- Update on Midget’s kindergarten enrollment: currently trying to schedule her assessment. The first doctor I called was like “I’m not available” pretty much the second I answered her return call, but she at least gave me a couple of names and numbers to try.
- I think one of my new goals this spring and/or summer is to blast Tool’s “Hooker with a Penis” as loud as I possibly can as I drive through a parking lot or residential zone. Last year I had a somewhat awkward (but funny!) moment with some neighbors, my driveway, and “I’m On A Boat.” I need to keep the streak alive...
- SOCOM 4 drops in exactly one week! This is a big deal because it’s the game that Jeremy has been working on forever! (Is this considered a “cheap” plug?)
- You know what else drops next week? Motherfucking Portal 2!!
- Did you hear about that school in Chicago that has banned students from bringing their own lunches? It’s total bullshit!
Okay, I’m going to use my sore throat as an excuse to keep this week’s Random pretty short. Well, that, and Munchkin is hella cranky today. Weak sauce. On a much more joyous note, you should check out my homie, Megan, over at Now You’re In the World (if you haven’t already). Not only is she super hot, but she made a pretty rad announcement last night, and I’m super-crazy happy for her. You should be, too. No, really. Be happy, goddamnit!