Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Random Tuesday Thoughts #22: I've been listening to Hooker with a Penis a lot lately

Oh, hai Tuesday!

Link (still) disabled until further notice :(
  • Holy shit – Street Fighter is on. (The Jeanne-Claude Van Damme one.) 
  • Goddamn, this movie sucks. This isn’t new information by any means, but… wow. This is brutally bad. Why was this even made?? 
  • I have a sore throat. It’s horrible and I want it to go away. (I have a baby to meet! I can’t meet her if I’m sick!) 
  • Last week we got hit by a freak snow storm. It was so weird and, well… weird. I was pretty pissed as it was happening, but at least it didn’t stick! 
  • My cherry blossom tree, which was finally starting bloom, is now looking pretty rough because of the sudden onset of snow. Any little flowery cuteness on it has gone away completely, and it’s just hanging out, looking defeated. 
  • The girls and I can’t seem to stop watching Tangled. I think we’ve seen it four or five times since we got it (plus we saw it in the theatre). I don’t mind, though – I quite enjoy it. 
  • Speaking of movies, I am so fucking stoked to get Deathly Hallows on blu-ray!! 
  • Update on Midget’s kindergarten enrollment: currently trying to schedule her assessment. The first doctor I called was like “I’m not available” pretty much the second I answered her return call, but she at least gave me a couple of names and numbers to try. 
  • I think one of my new goals this spring and/or summer is to blast Tool’s “Hooker with a Penis” as loud as I possibly can as I drive through a parking lot or residential zone. Last year I had a somewhat awkward (but funny!) moment with some neighbors, my driveway, and “I’m On A Boat.” I need to keep the streak alive...
  • SOCOM 4 drops in exactly one week! This is a big deal because it’s the game that Jeremy has been working on forever! (Is this considered a “cheap” plug?) 
  • You know what else drops next week? Motherfucking Portal 2!! 
  • Did you hear about that school in Chicago that has banned students from bringing their own lunches? It’s total bullshit! 

Okay, I’m going to use my sore throat as an excuse to keep this week’s Random pretty short. Well, that, and Munchkin is hella cranky today. Weak sauce. On a much more joyous note, you should check out my homie, Megan, over at Now You’re In the World (if you haven’t already). Not only is she super hot, but she made a pretty rad announcement last night, and I’m super-crazy happy for her. You should be, too. No, really. Be happy, goddamnit!

5 comments (+add yours?)

Megan said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

LOL. Thanks, buddy!

Ginger said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

N.C. has been watching every Portal trailer, video, teaser etc that he can get his hands on. I'm pretty sure we're bringing that one home as soon as it comes out. Which means that come next week, the smoke you see from the south will be my brain.

Also, that Chicago thing is so much bullshit I can't even wrap my head around it. Because school lunches are known for being soooo great in this country.

Stacy Uncorked said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I really need to get a copy of Tangled - Princess Nagger and I saw it at the theater, and even if we watch it 100 times I don't think it will get old. :)

I'm with Ginger - that Chicago thing is bullshit. Princess Nagger and I look over the monthly menu so she can decide what she wants to eat in the cafeteria, and which days she'll be packing - and the days she's packing she brings way healthier selections than what she's bypassing. Chicago's out of their ever lovin' mind!

Thanks so much for being a rebel and playing along! :)

"My Post" - RTT Rebel

Doria said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Checking her out now... Well, as soon as I finish posting this comment. Why did they ban bringing sack lunches? Weird! feel better soon!

Julie from Momspective said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love "I'm On A Boat". Lonely Island rules.

Post a Comment

Cake -- and grief counseling -- will be available at the conclusion of this comment.