Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Random Tuesday Thoughts #23: The Cake is -- there's no room for cake? What the fuck?

I’m not sure if I have much in the way of oddities to purge from my head today, but I’ll give it a go and hope for an epic installment of


*Stacy over at Stacy Uncorked has gotten in-touch with her inner rebel by hosting RTT

  • Jeremy and I saw Scream 4 last night (sans children, of course). It was a fun movie to watch. A little predictable, but overall not bad. 
  • 90210 is back on the air! I haven’t seen it yet, but I heard something about a monkey… 
  • I have become addicted to Honey Kix. I think they’re only sold at Target, which kind of sucks because Target is kind of out of the way (not to mention a huge money-suck). 
  • Midget’s kindergarten assessment appointment has been made for the end of June. It’s going to be a two hour affair (WTF?!) and insurance will not cover the cost because it is not health-related.
  • Laaaaame. 
  • Speaking of Midget, I have a parent/teacher conference with her teacher(s) later today. I’m sort of terrified. 
  • Am I the only one who gets paranoid when the same car has been behind them for too long when going places? 
  • SOCOM 4 is officially out today, which means that, in theory, I should be able to get my reasonably less-stressed husband back. If the release creates more stress, well… argh. 
  • Portal 2 also came out today, and I am eagerly awaiting its arrival on my doorstep. HOWEVER, thanks to stupid DC Universe and its insane amount of required hard drive space on the PS3, I will not be able to re-acquaint myself with GLaDOS until we get a new (larger) hard drive. 
  • Fuck you, DC Universe. 
  • On the final chapter of Resident Evil 5, and I am totally digging it. Will have to play through several times to get some Achievements and unlockables, but I don’t mind. Just not looking forward to Reaper encounters. I fucking hate those things – they use their instant death attack on me (or my AI partner) 100% of the time (even though the guide says there’s only a 25% chance of it occurring) and then I look like a chump as I am forced to restart checkpoints over and over! 
residentevil.wikia.com
FUCK these guys!!!
  • Oh, shit, there I go on a manic game-talking binge again. Yikes. 
  • I have yet to see my friend and her new baby, and it has been a month since she came home. Talk about a drag. I feel like the biggest damn flake on the planet, as every time we make tentative plans for me to visit I have to bow out because somebody has caught a goddamn cold. I absolutely avoid exposing other people’s kids, particularly newborns, to sickness of any kind – no exception. 
  • More people should adopt that policy. Almost every kid in Midget’s class has a runny nose. I have had to stop myself from shouting, “Which one of you did this to me?!” on more than one occasion.
  • YAWN. 

Okay, on that note, I think I am going to attempt a cat-nap before Munchkin wakes up here, though it might be wiser to replay 5-3 of RE5. IDK yet. Sleep sounds so amazing right now, and the house is all quiet, and I can’t stop yawning, and…

… ZZZzzzzzzzz

6 comments (+add yours?)

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

All night last night, that craycray bitch GLaDOS was in my bedroom. I hate her.

Perpetual Breadcrumbs said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

1. I LOVED Portal. Man, that was such a good time. We have to get the next one.

2. What is up with people who think germs should be shared? We have this kid at E's playgroup whose mom brought him there hacking up a lung, and all she could say was, "He wanted to come! How could I say no?"

Yeah. I hope she has the same attitude when it comes to visiting the local meth lab.

Stacy Uncorked said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

WTF? No room for cake? Say it isn't so! :)

I haven't tried Honey Kix yet - and you're right, Target tends to be a money suck. I end up buying way more than I intend to when I shop there! :)

2-hour Kindergarten assessment? That seems a bit much!!

You're right - more people should adopt the policy of not exposing other people with their sickness.

Thanks for being a rebel and playing along with me! :)

RTT Rebel Week 4

Marisa said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I can never just walk into Target and "get that one thing!". NEVER.

I know nothing about video games.

The end.

Megan said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What the? Why do you have to pay to have her assessed? Shouldn't, like, the government pay for that or something?

I am sending Charlotte to school in a hazmat suit when the time comes. This perpetual sickness you guys all go through with your kids is bullshit. Charlotte is never sick, but she also rarely gets to play with other kids. I can't tell if it's worth it or not.

Doria said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

We were excited to pick up Gullivers Travels yesterday. yay for honor roll. Now if I can find time to watch it. (random enough for your tuesday?!) :)

Post a Comment

Cake -- and grief counseling -- will be available at the conclusion of this comment.