Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Random Tuesday Thoughts #24: The Boulder Punch!

OMFG, I can’t think of a cohesive sounding “intro” to save my life right now! 


  • A few days ago I had an opportunity to chat with the glorious Ginger and her man over at Noodleknobs. Adult conversation is always refreshing. I crave it. Spending my days saying things words like “potty,” “owies,” “poot-poot,” and “TAKE A NAP” has surely dropped my IQ points by about a thousand percent. Go check out our conversation and leave some love
  • Resident Evil 5 protagonist Chris Redfield provided me with a pretty big LOL moment while I was binge-gaming. Now, in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Chris has a move referred to as the “Boulder Punch.” I didn’t think anything of it… until I reached a QTE (in RE5) where Chris had to literally punch a boulder. (No spoilers, I promise!)

What's up, broken hand?
  • I had another LOLZ moment when Chris falls from a ledge. (That sounds bad, I know.) Instead of being all tough-cool-guy who gets right back up and gives clear, concise orders in the face of danger, he flails his arm toward the direction Sheva needs to go, while making a weird, tired sort of grunting noise. It wasn't meant to be funny, but I couldn't stop myself from laughing. A lot. 
  • Midget seems to be a fan of Jill Valentine. She drew a picture of a girl, and after seeing Jill in action she added a red device to the girl’s chest. It’s pretty damn funny if you ask me.
Best thing I've seen all week.
  • Oh, that parent-teacher conference went really well. Midget is doing awesome and her teachers truly believe that she is ready for kindergarten now. Hopefully the psychologist will share the sentiment.
  • How is it that people living in and around Seattle can’t drive in the rain? It rains here all the damn time – you’d think these fucking people would be used to it, but, no. Every time it rains, the 405 slows to a goddamn crawl for no apparent reason other than the fact that everyone thinks the sky is falling.
  • Then again, people around here can’t drive at all, rain or shine. Assholes.
  • Jeremy took full advantage of the nicest day we’ve had in a long time to mow the lawn. Victory!
  • You know that show Taxicab Confessions on HBO? It baffles the living shit out of me. People totally spill the craziest, most personal shit you can think of to these random drivers, and I just don’t get it.
  • I talked to LG a few days ago, who told me that she is saving up to buy herself a new pair of boobs in time for summer. That woman cracks me up.

Well, on that note, it’s time for me to end the random and get on with the rest of the day. If you’re a masochist craving some bonafide nightmare fuel (or just really, really curious), go check out what Sesame Street’s Burt might look like if he wasn’t a muppet. (Special thanks to Keely for tweeting this -- along with a warning -- last night!)

Until next time~

8 comments (+add yours?)

Stacy Uncorked said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love the drawing Midget did - especially since she went back to add the red device to her chest. ;)

Glad to hear the parent-teacher conference went well - I bet Midget will be rarin' to go!

Seattle drivers are crazy, aren't they? I better warn the hubby of that for when we move back there - I was used to it, because I grew up there, he might be in for a rude awakening. ;)

OMG Burt as not a muppet is scary!

Thanks so much for rockin' the rebellion with me! :)

Easter, Angry Birds - RTT Rebel

Ginger said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That drawing is awesome. And thanks again for joining us--we had a BLAST!

allstarme said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

The real-life Bert creeps me right the heck out!

Doria said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

LOve the drawing!!! Well I must say the people in Atlanta are fucking retards when it comes to any rain hitting their windshields. It's redonkulous. But in Seattle where, I hear, it rains ALL THE TIME that's just stupid! Yays for Midget doing well ! :)

Julie from Momspective said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Resident Evil gives me lady boners.

thelexhex said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Stacy -- Seattle drivers are flat out insane. I don't get it. I had never seen anybody make a left turn on a red light until I moved here!

@Ginger -- Thanks again for having me along for the ride! I would love to do it again sometime!

@allstar -- I imagine that if the bogeyman was real, he would look like that.

@Doria -- Atlanta drivers are definitely pretty bad, that much is certain, but I think there's a good chance that the folks up here have them beat by a long shot.

@Julie -- Holla!!

Meowlissa said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

And you game. I mean. You're already full of all kinds of awesome. The pic made me giggle. Out loud. And choke on my coffee. Goal!

thelexhex said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Meowlissa -- LOL thanks! Sorry about the choking, though!

Post a Comment

Cake -- and grief counseling -- will be available at the conclusion of this comment.