Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Random Tuesday Thoughts #26: Get out of my house, Clark!

Looks like it’s time for the post-Mother’s Day installment of – dun dun DUN:


Stacy
Pay the lovely Stacy a visit, yes?

  • Did everybody have a good Mom’s Day? Mine was decent, but not as relaxing as I had hoped. The girls were really, really ill-behaved (particularly around dinner). I was able to take a long-ass nap, though, and Midget served me “breakfast” in bed.
  • Have you fucking heard about the bill they are trying to pass in Uganda that would make being LGBT a crime punishable by DEATH?! What the fuck, Uganda!? There’s a petition online – go sign it if you’re against this sort of bullshit: http://www.allout.org/en/petition/uganda
  • Jeremy is taking time off work. This makes me happy :D
  • We are also getting motorized blinds installed on our insanely high hall windows (right now, in fact!!), so I’m pretty jazzed about that. No more horrifically bright daylight streaming in at obscene hours of the morning! I seriously hope the extended darkness will help the early rising kids sleep a bit longer.
  • New Lonely Island album is out today!! Never thought I would dig anything remotely involving Michael Bolton, but the song Jack Sparrow is epic!
  • Jeremy and I had company over the weekend (for the disappointing Pacquiao-Mosely bout), which is something of a rarity. I hope the house wasn’t too much of a disaster.
  • My phone is on the fritz – it randomly turns itself off. This will be the second (maybe even third?) EnV3 that I have had with this issue. If it gets really bad I may be forced to upgrade my phone early. Blegh.
  • I am thinking about getting an iPhone when the time to upgrade comes. Is this a bad choice? Can anyone tell me? (I want to use Instagram!!)
  • PSN is still down, folks, and it will continue to be down until May 31st. The only reason I care is because I can’t play Portal 2 until that shit is up and running again.
  • In the meantime, I am playing through Resident Evil 5 on Veteran difficulty. I have an S-Rank on all but two sub-chapters so far (A-Ranks on those) so that makes me feel all special and shit. I also S-Ranked every last bit on Normal difficulty, which also makes me feel all special and shit. The Infinite Rocket Launcher has been very helpful, but the MAGNUM is where it’s at!! (Minus five followers…)
THIS. (S&W M29)
  • I hate our baby monitor. It only has two volume settings: loud and louder. I seriously cannot wait to get rid of it… in another year or so.
  • Smallville is ending on Friday, and I’m actually really, really saddened by it. There was a good stretch there where I found it absolutely excruciating to watch, but this season has been so good! I mean, I guess it’s going out on a high note, which is good, but it’s sad that it’s going out now that the writers finally decided to get their shit together. IGN User BadgerWithAGun provided the following awesome summary of the Clark/Lex relationship:




Alright, dear readers, it’s time for me to go and do something constructive with the rest of my day (not that blogging isn’t constructive). Perhaps I will get to see Thor later? Or play with the motorized blinds that are being installed at this moment? (I’ll probably just finish RE5 again while gorging on chocolate chip cookies and Mountain Dew.)

10 comments (+add yours?)

Kristine said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Mom's Day for me was the same shit, different day. LOL

My DD even forgot it was Mom's Day. Nice.......

Marisa said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You will NOT go wrong with an iPhone. I was skeptical at first also, but am addicted to my phone. I cuddle with it at night much to my husband's dismay.

servbot001 said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Jailbreaker, Rocket Launcher, and some third weapon that sprays non-stop for me. We still need to play...and I still need to beat Professional.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

THIS IS THE TALE OF LEX'S BLOG UPDATE.SHES COOLER THAN YOU, SO FUCKING DEAL WITH IIIIIIIIT.

Stacy Uncorked said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Is Anonymous (comment above mine) smokin' something funny and not sharing? ;)

That's a bummer your girls were ill-behaved on Mother's Day - at least you did get a nap though, right? ;)

Motorized blinds!! How cool is that? I think I should suggest those to the hubby for our big-ass windows. The light can be blinding - and yes, I bet that will encourage some later sleeping by the midgets. We have room darkening shades in our upstairs bedrooms - works wonders for not getting up at the crack of dawn mode! ;)

We opted for Android phones vs. iPhone - LOVE it - and it does exactly the same things as an iPhone and you can download all the cool apps, too. ;)

Thanks for rockin' the random rebellion with me again!! :)

Addicted to Technology, Mother's Day - RTT Rebel

Megan said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

May 31st? WTF? I can't watch Hulu Plus until they get that up and running! Now, I'm pissed.

I hated our baby monitor, too. we only used it for the first couple months of Lotte's life. I thought we'd have to bust it out again when we moved into the townhouse, but I can hear my loud ass kid just fine from downstairs, so I don't have to bother. But sometimes I wish we had the video monitor so I could check on a sleeping Lotte without waking her up. She's such a light sleeper, it kills me.

Sorry your Mother's Day was average. But, naps are always good!

thelexhex said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Kristine -- I hear that. Other than the nap my day was pretty much the same, too. That sucks that your daughter forgot :(

@Marisa -- Jeremy got an iPhone not too long ago, and it's really, really cool, but IDK. I love the phone that I have now, but this battery thing is killing me.

@servbot -- Now that my Magnum is infinite, the only other weapon I use that isn't the launcher is the H&K PSG-1 rifle. Badaaaassssss!

@Anon -- <3

@Stacy -- Anonymous, in this case, gets a natural high from air and roller derby ;) Also, the blinds are awesome -- I highly recommend them (ESPECIALLY if they are room darkening)!!

@Megs -- You guys have a PS3??

Megan said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Yeah, Chris was sure he'd play more games if we got one. He;s played Street Fighter, like, twice, and we played Beatles Rick Band on it a few tomes before one of the girls broke the drums.

Now it's basically a glorified Blu Ray player that we mostly use to stream Netflix and Hulu. Netflix is working even without the network, but Hulu isn't. It's getting really annoying.

Ginger said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

May 31st? BOOOO. That blows.

Also? I love my iPhone, but I've heard really really good things about Androids. I want to junk punch AT&T sometimes, but I'm not sure I could live without my iPhone now.

Doria said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

My EnV3 sucks! Sadly. It drops calls like no other peice of shit I've ever had. I just reupped my contract though and am stuck with this thang for 2 years! saaave me!

Post a Comment

Cake -- and grief counseling -- will be available at the conclusion of this comment.