Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Looks like it’s time for the post-Mother’s Day installment of – dun dun DUN:
|Pay the lovely Stacy a visit, yes?|
- Did everybody have a good Mom’s Day? Mine was decent, but not as relaxing as I had hoped. The girls were really, really ill-behaved (particularly around dinner). I was able to take a long-ass nap, though, and Midget served me “breakfast” in bed.
- Have you fucking heard about the bill they are trying to pass in Uganda that would make being LGBT a crime punishable by DEATH?! What the fuck, Uganda!? There’s a petition online – go sign it if you’re against this sort of bullshit: http://www.allout.org/en/petition/uganda
- Jeremy is taking time off work. This makes me happy :D
- We are also getting motorized blinds installed on our insanely high hall windows (right now, in fact!!), so I’m pretty jazzed about that. No more horrifically bright daylight streaming in at obscene hours of the morning! I seriously hope the extended darkness will help the early rising kids sleep a bit longer.
- New Lonely Island album is out today!! Never thought I would dig anything remotely involving Michael Bolton, but the song Jack Sparrow is epic!
- Jeremy and I had company over the weekend (for the disappointing Pacquiao-Mosely bout), which is something of a rarity. I hope the house wasn’t too much of a disaster.
- My phone is on the fritz – it randomly turns itself off. This will be the second (maybe even third?) EnV3 that I have had with this issue. If it gets really bad I may be forced to upgrade my phone early. Blegh.
- I am thinking about getting an iPhone when the time to upgrade comes. Is this a bad choice? Can anyone tell me? (I want to use Instagram!!)
- PSN is still down, folks, and it will continue to be down until May 31st. The only reason I care is because I can’t play Portal 2 until that shit is up and running again.
- In the meantime, I am playing through Resident Evil 5 on Veteran difficulty. I have an S-Rank on all but two sub-chapters so far (A-Ranks on those) so that makes me feel all special and shit. I also S-Ranked every last bit on Normal difficulty, which also makes me feel all special and shit. The Infinite Rocket Launcher has been very helpful, but the MAGNUM is where it’s at!! (Minus five followers…)
|THIS. (S&W M29)|
- I hate our baby monitor. It only has two volume settings: loud and louder. I seriously cannot wait to get rid of it… in another year or so.
- Smallville is ending on Friday, and I’m actually really, really saddened by it. There was a good stretch there where I found it absolutely excruciating to watch, but this season has been so good! I mean, I guess it’s going out on a high note, which is good, but it’s sad that it’s going out now that the writers finally decided to get their shit together. IGN User BadgerWithAGun provided the following awesome summary of the Clark/Lex relationship:
Alright, dear readers, it’s time for me to go and do something constructive with the rest of my day (not that blogging isn’t constructive). Perhaps I will get to see Thor later? Or play with the motorized blinds that are being installed at this moment? (I’ll probably just finish RE5 again while gorging on chocolate chip cookies and Mountain Dew.)