Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Random Tuesday Thoughts #30: Funkyzeit mit Bruno

Man, what a weekend. Are you ready for this? (I’m kind of not, but whatever.)

Stacy
Remember, mad props to Stacy for picking up the RTT hosting duties!

  • E3 is happening right now out in LA, and so far, nothing has really caught my attention. The Tomb Raider reboot looks like it could be interesting, but I have yet to see actual gameplay, so it's still kind of up in the air.
  • I’m really annoyed that everything has to be in 3D nowadays.
  • So, I saw the Breaking Dawn trailer. I was fucking dying. I know that by Twi-hard standards this is as bad as butchering a kitten, but, dude. DUDE! I can’t even think about it without laughing! It was just too much.
  • My little cousin sent me a friend request on Facebook over the weekend. I say “little” because she was, well, little. Like, the last time I saw her she was… IDK… five-ish? Anyway, now she’s a full-grown teenager, and my brain is almost unable to process that. The last time I saw her she wore a plaid private school uniform and kiddie glasses to correct some issue with her eyes. Now? Now she goes to public school and has boobs.
  • What the fuck, Time?!?!
  • I picked up a new artist manikin last week. I have named it Bruno, and it has been great for things outside of art: for example, it is great for holding stray hair ties, or my rings when I need to remove them for food prep.
  • So, yeah, art. I’ve been sketching here and there. It has all been remedial shit – my hallway, my sofa – boring things. I picked up an issue of Maxim to dissect different poses and whatnot, too. These are all things that I have previously studied (what’s up, short-lived art major?) but I’m so out of practice that it makes me want to weep.
  • That's my "workspace" btw. It's a little janky, but Sirius makes it better. So does the bomb-ass lamp I picked up yesterday.
  • On a more jovial note, a fabulous friend of mine had told me years ago that I should listen to the song “Ho” by Ludacris because it was hilarious. For some reason, this slipped through the cracks of my To-Do List… until a few days ago. I don’t know why it took me so long to get around to this, but I now realize that something had been missing from my life prior to hearing this song.
  • I have a craving for the beach. It makes me miss Cali. I have a craving for amazing sushi. That makes me miss Cali. Fuck, you guys. I think I miss Cali. Just a little bit, though.

Alright, folks, I think that’s my cue to wrap this shit up. Keep it real, stay classy, etc. etc.

5 comments (+add yours?)

Doria said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Ahhhhh the beach! *dreaming*

Ginger said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Come visit! ;-)

Kristine said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love the post. Not a huge fan of 3D and it kind of pisses me off that EVERYTHING seems to be in 3D now.

I love your workspace. Treasures like that are hard to find. I am so jealous. ;-)

Megan said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I hope you are able to get some sketching done one of these days. That would be sweet! Especially if you showed the internet...

Cali is the best! Get over here. :) I tried to convince Jeremy (while he was talking to Chris on the phone) that he should bring you all along for E3, but I guess I didn't get my way.

allstarme said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sorry I am late on this, again, but I too am wanting to hit the beach. We're going to my parents' house soon and they're about 35 mins from Daytona. I hope we get to go.

Post a Comment

Cake -- and grief counseling -- will be available at the conclusion of this comment.