Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Man, what a weekend. Are you ready for this? (I’m kind of not, but whatever.)
|Remember, mad props to Stacy for picking up the RTT hosting duties!|
- E3 is happening right now out in LA, and so far, nothing has really caught my attention. The Tomb Raider reboot looks like it could be interesting, but I have yet to see actual gameplay, so it's still kind of up in the air.
- I’m really annoyed that everything has to be in 3D nowadays.
- So, I saw the Breaking Dawn trailer. I was fucking dying. I know that by Twi-hard standards this is as bad as butchering a kitten, but, dude. DUDE! I can’t even think about it without laughing! It was just too much.
- My little cousin sent me a friend request on Facebook over the weekend. I say “little” because she was, well, little. Like, the last time I saw her she was… IDK… five-ish? Anyway, now she’s a full-grown teenager, and my brain is almost unable to process that. The last time I saw her she wore a plaid private school uniform and kiddie glasses to correct some issue with her eyes. Now? Now she goes to public school and has boobs.
- What the fuck, Time?!?!
- I picked up a new artist manikin last week. I have named it Bruno, and it has been great for things outside of art: for example, it is great for holding stray hair ties, or my rings when I need to remove them for food prep.
- So, yeah, art. I’ve been sketching here and there. It has all been remedial shit – my hallway, my sofa – boring things. I picked up an issue of Maxim to dissect different poses and whatnot, too. These are all things that I have previously studied (what’s up, short-lived art major?) but I’m so out of practice that it makes me want to weep.
- That's my "workspace" btw. It's a little janky, but Sirius makes it better. So does the bomb-ass lamp I picked up yesterday.
- On a more jovial note, a fabulous friend of mine had told me years ago that I should listen to the song “Ho” by Ludacris because it was hilarious. For some reason, this slipped through the cracks of my To-Do List… until a few days ago. I don’t know why it took me so long to get around to this, but I now realize that something had been missing from my life prior to hearing this song.
- I have a craving for the beach. It makes me miss Cali. I have a craving for amazing sushi. That makes me miss Cali. Fuck, you guys. I think I miss Cali. Just a little bit, though.
Alright, folks, I think that’s my cue to wrap this shit up. Keep it real, stay classy, etc. etc.