Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Random Tuesday Thoughts #33: I'm totally qualified to name housing subdivisions

What it is, what it is, what it is?

Stacy
Stacy is rad. The Sandwich Nazi? Not so much.

  • Midget’s kindergarten eval is this Thursday!! I think I’ve mentioned how nervous I am already, but it has yet to subside. She’s a smart girl; she’ll do fine. However, the director at her pre-school was telling me that her daughter took the early eval test -- she tested on a kindergarten level, but apparently, that was not good enough. If they have to test above kindergarten level to get to kindergarten, then why not go to first grade??
  • Now I am HELLA fucking nervous about this!!
  • On the subject of this bullshit eval, the shrink or whatever emailed me some documents to fill out for the appointment. I printed them out yesterday. All FIFTEEN pages. Like, what the fuck? How much does this bloke need to know about my kid? Are her sleeping habits really relevant to whether or not she knows her ABCs?
  • Who comes up with names of housing developments? How does that work? Do you just take a random word and attach “Meadows” to it? Forest Meadows. Redwood Meadows. Tranquil Meadows. Sausage Meadows. Chococat Meadows. Bacon Meadows. Hulk Meadows. Zombie Meadows. I think I just found my new career path.
  • Buffy fans, rejoice! Dark Horse comics now owns the rights to Angel! This August a new series is being launched that will center around him and Faith. It ties directly into Buffy Season 8, and apparently, an upcoming Season 9!

YES.

  • I got a care package from LG last week – it was filled with whimsy. A random egg beater, some dolls from Mexico (for the kids), a somewhat sentimental card… it was cute.
  • Haven’t finished Portal 2 yet, which makes me sad, but I’m definitely enjoying it. Carrying a potato around is fucking priceless.
  • DC Universe online is the most boring, tedious game to watch anybody play. I don’t understand how my brother-in-law and his wife are so bloody hooked on it. I just… I don’t get it.
  • Copic markers seem like a pretty rad medium to work with.
  • Fuck yeah, New York!!!!


Alright, people. I’m keeping this week’s random rather short as I just don’t have much to blabber on about. Same drill next week. Peace~

9 comments (+add yours?)

Kristine said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I find it odd that kids in teh USA have to go thru an eval in the first place to get into kindergarten. Nothing like setting them up to be overly competitive at an early age..

thelexhex said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Kristine

Well, it's not like that exactly. What happened here is that Midget misses the age cut-off date by two weeks. So, instead of being all, "Pshaw, it's only two weeks -- come on in!" the great state of WA is all, "Two weeks!? Wait another year -- that is, unless you can pass a test that shows that you are a SUPER GENIUS!"

In which case, they will hold her back? It makes NO sense.

Ginger said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

15 pages? Bullshit. There's no way that's necessary...right?

Gah, school shit just scares the crap out of me, for just these kinds of reasons. Good luck!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

CHOCOCAT MEADOWS???? Do they have 4 bedrooms????

thelexhex said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Ginger

Thanks, yo. IDK what it's like down in Cali, but somehow I don't think it will be this much of a pain in the ass when the time comes for you guys...

Doria said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Zombie Meadows sounds like a hell hole! Count me in!!! Im sure I can get the weapons and the attitude to snap plenty o neckbones! Good luck to midget! She can do eeeet!

Meowlissa said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

The school evals are beyond redick. Just sayin.

I agree...Zombie Meadows...I'll be the redhead in the back with ammo and snacks.

In related news, this creepy creeperton (at my orientation) was all in my space-face yesterday (skank breath & all) because I have Angel's ring. I didn't know if he was going to orgasm right there or steal my ring. It was pretty terrifying.

Good luck on the eval!

Static said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Portal 2 is amazing, I agree. I also agree about DC Universe online. I played for about three weeks...and that was about two weeks too long. It just didn't have the allure I was looking for.

Julie from Momspective said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'd sell my house and move right now if I could find a place called "Bacon Meadows"

Post a Comment

Cake -- and grief counseling -- will be available at the conclusion of this comment.