Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Random Tuesday Thoughts #31: I might be whining a little bit, but I mention boobies so it's okay

Once again, it’s time for *cue epic theme song that should exist but doesn’t*

Stacy
Stacy is totally hot. You should check her out.

  • First off, I got my honey badger t-shirt and it is majestic as fuck. I don’t know when I will have the opportunity to wear it (because I am a lazy bastard and drop Midget off to school in a pajama top and jeans), but I’ll find one…
    I took this photo with my big toe. Seriously.
  • I finally started Portal 2 and it is BRILLIANT! I love Wheatley. Seriously, he’s rad. GLaDOS is as snarky as ever; I love her, too, as psychotic as she is. (“The test results are in: You are a horrible person.”)
  • I’m watching a preview for Street Fighter X Tekken right now. Previously I had zero interest in this, but now I kind of want to check it out…. Tekken is a huge nostalgia kick for me; Jeremy and I played it a lot when we were dating – against each other as well as with sizeable groups of friends. (I’m "looking" at YOU, Cheshire.)
  • So, you know how how E3 was last week? They showed some more Resident Evil: Revelations. I'm so annoyed that they made Jill all gross. To top off the weird facial change, they hired a different voice actress, so now she sounds gross on top of it. It's probably a trivial complaint, but it goes back to what I said about consistency.
No, really -- what the fuck is this??
L: Revelations (new face) R: RE5 (old face)
  • Ignore the hair colour change in the above image; Revelations takes place before RE5, so it totally makes sense if you're in the proverbial "know."
  • Midget is “graduating” from her pre-school on Friday. I reckon she gets a little cap and gown, but I’m not really sure; she still has room to be bumped up to Kindergarten Readiness.
  • Munchkin is becoming much more vocal lately, allowing us to see what she can do, so to speak. Her recall is absolutely insane and she has a really good handle on numbers and counting. Not to mention that, like Big Sister, she says some crazy shit.
  • “Do you have boobies? Look, I have boobies, too!” *Pulls shirt up* Verbatim.
  • Lamictal makes me ridiculously sleepy. Ridiculously. Sleepy. It just reinforces what I already knew: Drugs just don’t like me. I experience an unpleasant side-effect from pretty much everything I take or have taken previously. Not that being sleepy is unpleasant per se. It’s just that I want to be able to function during my downtime (I take it after the kids go to bed).
  • Cottonwood trees. Argh.

On that note, I’m going to go rub/scratch the fuck out of my eyeballs. Peace~

9 comments (+add yours?)

allstarme said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I find it amusing that kids graduate from everything now. I don't seem to recall doing that when I was a kid. Only high school. Times have changed!

Stacy Uncorked said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'd totally find an excuse to wear that shirt, too - love it! Maybe you could use it as your pajama top so you're wearing it when you drop Midget off at school? ;)

I think it's so cute when they do the whole cap and gown routine for pre-school graduation - Princess Nagger had an official graduation from Kindergarten, but they were stingy and didn't do the whole cap and gown routine. Bummer.

Munchkin sounds just like Princess Nagger! When she was that age she did the whole booby comparison, too. Thanks for the reminder - and the giggle! ;)

I have the same sort of reaction if I have to take any kind of medication - no matter what it is, it always makes me sleepy. Sucks, doesn't it, you poor thing!

Thanks for being such a diligent rebel with me!! :)

Dino Fun, Hubby Yucks, Vacation Race - RTT Rebel

VandyJ said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I hate cottonwood trees. Not only do they make me all sneezy, itchy and scratchy, but they make it look like it's snowing in June.
I'm currently on antibiotics and having hives from it--fun times, fun times.

Meowlissa said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I can't even muster up the bitchness right now to rant about her cosmetic changes. As far as E3 goes, I was just bitter to see the lack of Rift details. Portal 2 eh? *writes notes in her book*

Cotton wood trees can suck a dead monkeys ass. true. story.

Kristine said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love that shirt!!!!

Megan said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I think when it's Lotte's turn I'll be into the graduation thing because it's cute as hell to see them in those cap and gowns, but as things stand now I find it a little excessive. A friend of mine has three kids, and all three were graduating from something this year. She sent out invitations to all of them, and I was just "No."

clara said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Haha we have preschool grad this weekend too. After the ceremony all the kids are going to smoke weed in the parking lot... oh wait. No.

The best part is it was supposed to be last friday but got RESCHEDULED because our team is in the Stanley Cup playoffs and there was a game that night.

I love the t-shirt. Wear that to graduation!

thelexhex said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@allstar -- Srsly!

@Stacy -- That's rather lame about PN not getting a little cap/gown combo for a graduation. I'd feel bad about sleeping in the honey badger shirt -- like I'd somehow be ruining it...

@Vandy -- That sounds brutal! I'm so sorry!

@Meowlissa -- It's pretty grotesque. There are people out there who are all "I don't see what the big deal is; she looks great." Meanwhile I'm all, "You've got to be fucking kidding me -- she's gross!"

Agreed about the cottonwood trees. Bastards.

@Kristine -- Thanks!

@Megs -- I hear you there; I always found it a little silly but now that it's for Midget I'm all, "D'awwwwww~"

@Clara -- That's kind of awesome that graduation was rescheduled. Also, I think I will wear honey badger for the occasion. I just hope that nobody takes it as "OMG does that mean she doesn't care about this pseudo-graduation?!" I don't have time for that shit :D

wagthedad said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

My son, three and a half, likes to pull out his penis and run around pretending like he's trying to pee on his big sister and the neighbor girl.

I keep telling my wife we need to make him stop and she's all

"If he gets any attention he'll keep doing it."

and I'm all

"But what if somebody thinks that we're molesting him or something? Isn't that what people will think?"

and she's all

"Why would you think that?"

and I'm all

"Because I'm crazy."

and she's all

"Good, then at least we know who they'll take away when they come to take one of us away."

Post a Comment

Cake -- and grief counseling -- will be available at the conclusion of this comment.