Saturday, July 30, 2011

Heart Songs -- The Sequel!

The original intent behind this post was to talk about the kids, and fear, and how I kind of envy them since I’m a total pussy when it comes to things like spiders and cartwheels, but I have some mad writer’s block, so, instead, I’m just going to share a few of the songs that I can’t stop listening to as of late.


Pulp: This is Hardcore 



I’m sure I’ve mentioned my love for this shit many times in the past. It’s still delightfully dirty, and I still love it. Honestly, though? I kind of hate the video; it takes away from the song.


Girl In a Coma: Consider



I just discovered this band recently and they are already among my favourites ever.


Wallpaper. #stupidfacedd




I talked about this a couple of weeks ago, and how I have been playing it super loud while driving through my ultra-conservative neighborhood. On a side note, Munchkin has tried singing the opening line of “That’s all you got?” but it’s in Munchkin-speak, so it comes out as, “Dat all u gaht?”


The Lonely Island: Jizz In My Pants



LOLZ for all of eternity.


Bassnectar: The 808 Track ft. Mighty High Coup



This is some good stuff to listen to when trying to be productive.


Chevelle: Letter from a Thief




These guys are underrated. I’ve said that before, too, but it’s so true.


Kota Suzuki: Sad But True



It's a good thing that I really, really like this song, because it has become one of my biggest ear worms! It has played so many times in this household that Midget and Munchkin actually recognize it: “That’s the Jill song!” My kids are going to grow up to be huge dorks…


Ellen McClain (as GLaDOS): Want You Gone (Spoiler Alert: Portal 2)




I actually woke up with this stuck in my head at three in the morning. It's awesome.


Pearl Jam: Black




Hells yes. Does anybody else feel kind of old listening to this? Or is it just me?


Ewan McGregor, Jose Feliciano, and Jacek Koman: El Tango de Roxanne




Isn't this out on Blu-Ray? If it is, somebody needs to upload a goddamn HD version of this already... Whatever. Ewan McGregor's vocals own you.

Ludacris ft. Nicki Minaj: My Chick Bad




I will always have a soft spot for Luda. The remix is sick, too.


So, yeah, that's what's been playing rabidly in my iPod, car, or notebook playlists. Good times, right? I'll try to refrain from the boring music posts for awhile, but these are such great filler material! (Plus, I'm really into my music, so it's an opportunity to kind of geek out a little bit...)

0 comments (+add yours?)

Post a Comment

Cake -- and grief counseling -- will be available at the conclusion of this comment.