Tuesday, July 5, 2011
So… who’s in the throes of a barbeque hangover? Anyone?
- Those who follow me on ze Twitter are already aware, but for the rest, Midget’s eval results are in, and according to the psychologist, she is: “a bright preschooler with a high average level of intellectual ability. She was above the 5 ½ year age equivalency on many but not all of the tests administered. She was above this standard for mental ability, fine motor skills, visual discrimination, auditory discrimination, social/emotional adjustment, and language development. Her gross motor skills were average and developing normally. Her early reading skills were average. Her early math skills were average. Her early writing skills were above average. Given that the preponderance of her scores were in the high average range, she would probably adjust quickly to a kindergarten classroom this fall.”
- Sounds awesome, right? Unfortunately, it’s really up to the school district now, and I’m nervous that they might be like, “NOPE!” because of, like, one test that she scored below average on. If they focus on that one aspect of the whole, I will call shenanigans and fight the shit out them. I also have to wait at least a week before I hear anything. Thanks for taking vacation, program coordinator! Now I'mma be a stressed out wreck while you get your suntan and mojitos on!!
- True Blood is back in full swing (duh), and I’m definitely intrigued as to where it’s going despite last week’s lackluster season opener. I find it kind of funny that Fiona Shaw, who has played Aunt Petunia in the Harry Potter movies, is the leader of a Wiccan coven.
- I also find the portrayal of witches and Wicca in television really amusing. Like, damn. If I could do some of the shit they do in these shows, I would totally practice more often! (Uh-oh, did I just out myself from the broom closet? …Whatever.)
|If "black" magick worked like this we'd all be fucked.|
- I beat Portal 2 yesterday, which was hella rad; great game, to say the least. If you’re a gamer and haven’t played it, do yourself a favour and get on that straightaway.
- Midget has been asking some rather strange questions over the last few days:
* While I was playing RE5: “I wonder what Chris smells like?” (WTF, Midget?!)
* Randomly in the morning: “Is ‘douchebag’ a grown-up word?” (Definitely not a kid word.)
* Playing with balloons: “Do I look like I have boobies?” (NO.)
*On the subject of Jeremy sleeping in on the weekends: “Can’t you marry another guy? And he can just marry another girl?” (Seriously, Midget, WTF?!)
- We got Midget a ladybug farm a few weeks back. We just got the larvae about a week ago, and I’m all anxious for them to grow up so to speak. I get the feeling that she is, too.
- Munchkin has been being an asshole as of late. Grr. Argh.
- One of my least favourite things to do in the entire world is shape my eyebrows. So. Tedious
- The tattoo I was supposed to get for my birthday last year is ridiculously overdue. I seriously want to get that shit done, but I might have to use any extra funds for something much more mundane – like a new washer and dryer combo. The start knob for the dryer is being held together by duct tape (internally), and I just had to realign the damn washer due to a series of unbalanced loads that actually physically moved the damn thing all over the laundry room.
Okay, on that note, I’m done rambling for the week. Cheers~