Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Random Tuesday Thoughts #39: Meh.

My brain is totally about to spit-up a bit. Go on and grab a burp cloth, and maybe some of those Clorox wipes: this might get messy.

Stacy
Continuing to hold it down in Keely's absence.

  • Jeremy is back from Cali, which is quite nice, as taking on the kids solo is always a struggle: I would suck as a single mom. (Rephrase: I would suck even more as a single mom.)
  • I think I’m in love with Wallpaper. : I know I mentioned them before, but I’ve been getting familiar with some of their other songs. The lyrics are awesome, not because they are particularly meaningful, but because they are funny and strike a chord with the part of my brain that still thinks about the Bay Area from time to time.
  • “Hit Trader Joe's for the 2 buck chuck/20 some bottles cost 40 some dollars (bucks).”
  • I’m also in love with Rage Toons. I know they have been around for awhile, and I had read a few here and there, but I lost most of my Saturday going through tumblr and dying.

SRSLY.
  • True Blood: I’m really upset by the ending of Sunday night’s episode. Keeping my eyes peeled during the preview for next week does not make me hopeful for an optimistic outcome. If I could insert an audio file here (and I probably could but I am too lazy to do that shit), it would be of Darth Vader screaming, “NOOOOOOO” in Episode III.
  • So, apparently, I’m known throughout the neighborhood as “the woman with the pink hair.” My MIL was here for a couple of days last week to run support and struck up a conversation with some chicks at the teeny playground down the street, which I don’t get because I dyed this shit back to brown not too long after moving in. Last year. My MIL forgot that I even had that hair color (which I cannot get for the life of me), so she was like, “Noo?” 
  • I bet those bitches are hella confused now.
  • Speaking of life in suburbia, I found out via the Facebook page (yes, there is a Facebook page) that one of the blokes somewhere hosts a fantasy football league. Seriously? Don’t I have any normal neighbors?! I hope a friendly, sassy gay couple buys the house around the corner. Because I totally need a sassy gay friend. Preferably one who can give me pointers on the proper application of eye shadow.

On that awesome note, I’m out for the week, unless I think of something rad to post in the meantime. So… peace.

5 comments (+add yours?)

Allstarme79 said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I haven't watched the new ep of TB but I heard someone whining about Jessica's possible horrible outcome. Et tu?

Kristine said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I would so suck as a single mom. I don't have the patience. LOL

Megan said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm still sad that we didn't get to hang out last week. :(

Julie from Momspective said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Okay I'm clearly out of it. I had no idea there was a group called Wallpaper nd I totally thought you meant the actual paper for walls for a second. I feel old.

allstarme said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hey, what's wrong with fantasy football?? My draft is tonight ;). Also, I haven't watched Sunday's TB but I hear it was disappointing.

Post a Comment

Cake -- and grief counseling -- will be available at the conclusion of this comment.