Monday, August 15, 2011
Another Tuesday is here, but I reckon that my Random is broken. I’ll give it a go, but only to keep my weekly posting streak alive.
|Keepin' it real.|
- Pleased that the True Blood cliff-hanger I was all sad about turned around and made me un-sad. Wondering where the season is ultimately going to go; it’s been rather interesting, but what next?
- Finally got some curtains for the living room over the weekend. Hanging them was a bitch: So much measuring, and marking, and measuring, and drilling, and marking, and measuring. At least they look nice…
- Midget is all enrolled in Kindergarten, and I feel massively better. I even got her into the (tuition-based) all day program, so I’m extremely pleased. Now, all we have to do is get through that first six-week-probation-period hurdle.
- “Hurdle” is a strange word.
- I have hella hair, and it’s hella thick, and it takes hella time to manage – time that I don’t have. On the flip side, it looks better long; if I cut it, it makes my face look fat, and then I lament cutting it in the first place. Why can’t this shit ever be simple?
- There is an insane amount of construction going on just down the road from my place. All of the surrounding woods have been demolished in favour of… more housing, I suppose? I’ve never been one to be all “ZOMG Mother Gaia, NATURE!” and shit, but I drove by a whole mess of decimated forest and felt strangely sad about it. Honestly, what I should feel sad about is the increased traffic one all of the work is done.
- Okay, so, over the last couple of weeks, I have not been a joy to be around, and I’ve been kindasorta hiding from the world for the last few days. In fact, after I post this, I’m going right back into my shell for awhile. Do not send help.
Well, that about does it. I’ll be back in a week or so, and hopefully I’ll be shiny and brand-new.