Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Insert the Rocky theme song here.
|Stacy continues to hold up the fort in Keely's absence.|
- Oh, shit, you guys – the new season of 90210 has started!
- Mayweather vs. Ortiz: surely, even the non-boxing fans have heard about this? (If not, Google and/or Buzzfeed got your back.) I really wish that the fight would have gone on longer than it did, but Ortiz seriously fucked it up. Floyd’s sucker punch was totally legal and rather deserved for that attempted head butt. If somebody tried to hit me with a dirty move like that, I’d clock the shit out of them, too.
- Mayweather vs. Merchant (post fight): I don’t know what the hell that was about, but I heart Larry Merchant, little old drunkard that he is. I love that he stood up for himself while Floyd was talking shit to him: “If I were fifty years younger I’d kick your ass!” Awesome.
|I don't have a witty caption for this.|
- I’m about to commit videogame world blasphemy here by saying that I am honestly not jazzed about Gears of War 3 dropping today. Like, at all. Give me Resident Evil 4 HD, instead.
- Speaking of my beloved RE series, Jeremy and I finally sat down and watched Resident Evil: Afterlife on Saturday, and I can honestly say that it is one of the worst movies I have ever fucking seen in my entire life. The guy that played Wesker, by the way? Terrible actor: absolutely dreadful -- and missing the evil mastermind swagger that the former S.T.A.R.S. captain is supposed to possess.
- Oh! And straight lifting the fight scenes from RE5 with minor changes? That’s not an homage: it’s straight lifting the fight scenes from the game b/c the fight choreographer got lazy!
- I need the new season of Dexter in my life, like, right now. Also, why the fuck is Michael C. Hall always getting dissed by the Emmy people? The guy's acting is absolutely brilliant!
Okay, this is threatening to get out of hand (if it hasn't already, that is). This is the part where most people put together a concise closing sentence for their entry. Of course, I'm not most people, which means that I'm just going to stop typing.