Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Random Tuesday Thoughts #45: A sucker punch and a shitty movie!

Insert the Rocky theme song here.


Stacy
Stacy continues to hold up the fort in Keely's absence.

  • Oh, shit, you guys – the new season of 90210 has started!
  • Mayweather vs. Ortiz: surely, even the non-boxing fans have heard about this? (If not, Google and/or Buzzfeed got your back.) I really wish that the fight would have gone on longer than it did, but Ortiz seriously fucked it up. Floyd’s sucker punch was totally legal and rather deserved for that attempted head butt. If somebody tried to hit me with a dirty move like that, I’d clock the shit out of them, too.
  • Mayweather vs. Merchant (post fight): I don’t know what the hell that was about, but I heart Larry Merchant, little old drunkard that he is. I love that he stood up for himself while Floyd was talking shit to him: “If I were fifty years younger I’d kick your ass!” Awesome.
I don't have a witty caption for this.
  • I’m about to commit videogame world blasphemy here by saying that I am honestly not jazzed about Gears of War 3 dropping today. Like, at all. Give me Resident Evil 4 HD, instead.
  • Speaking of my beloved RE series, Jeremy and I finally sat down and watched Resident Evil: Afterlife on Saturday, and I can honestly say that it is one of the worst movies I have ever fucking seen in my entire life. The guy that played Wesker, by the way? Terrible actor: absolutely dreadful -- and missing the evil mastermind swagger that the former S.T.A.R.S. captain is supposed to possess.
  • Oh! And straight lifting the fight scenes from RE5 with minor changes? That’s not an homage: it’s straight lifting the fight scenes from the game b/c the fight choreographer got lazy!
  • I need the new season of Dexter in my life, like, right now. Also, why the fuck is Michael C. Hall always getting dissed by the Emmy people? The guy's acting is absolutely brilliant! 
Okay, this is threatening to get out of hand (if it hasn't already, that is). This is the part where most people put together a concise closing sentence for their entry. Of course, I'm not most people, which means that I'm just going to stop typing.

8 comments (+add yours?)

Stacy Uncorked said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I didn't catch the second half of last season of 90210, but I've already started recording this season in the hopes that I won't be too lost. ;)

And I had to giggle at your 'closing'. ;)

Thanks for rockin' the random rebellion! :)

Crazy Mama, Late Bloomer, J.P. Patches Farewell, Pause Button Search: RTT Rebel

allstarme said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Dexter is on my list of "Shows to watch when I ever find some time". Heh heh. Happy RTT!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

GOW3 OWNS. YOU GO TO TO HELL AND YOU DIE.



jk boo, love you.

Meowlissa said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I totally miss reading you. It would rock serious gnome socks if I could unwind enough to actually read the world of blogdom more often.

Movies on my Mind said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Prefer "Walking Dead"

Doria said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Afterlife is def not one of my fav Resident Evil movies either! I watched it and still lerve some Milla! :)

Lex said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Stacy -- 90210 has been... weird. You'll see ;)

@allstar -- You are missing out on some AMAZING telly! Dexter is seriously of the best shows out there!

@Anon -- LOLZ foreverr. Love you too :P

@Meowlissa -- This blog has missed you!

@Movies -- I like The Walking Dead, but I feel that it might be just a little overrated...

@Doria -- Milla is quite lovely, but she really needs to start doing some GOOD movies again.

Julie from Momspective said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I met some of the cast of 90210. VERY attractive people.

Post a Comment

Cake -- and grief counseling -- will be available at the conclusion of this comment.