Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Random Tuesday Thoughts #46: Scatterbrain

Fuck yeah, Tuesday!


Stacy
  • I finally joined the happening folks of the world and upgraded to an iPhone yesterday. I have the white one, and I uploaded a pretty bokeh wallpaper to it, and it’s hella pretty! I love getting new gadgets and playing with them until I have everything EXACTLY the way I want it.
  • I also ordered a custom case with a Portal 2 design; it’s going to be sooooo fucking sick! I can’t wait to get it!
  • There was a crazy wind storm a few nights ago that knocked out the power in the entire neighborhood at 4:30 in the morn; it was so strong that it threatened to snap my beloved cherry tree in half. Also, the power outage obviously meant that the girls’ night lights went out, so at 5:52, Midget randomly woke up and was like, “AAAHHH!”
  • Watched Bridesmaids over the weekend; funny flick, but not as hilarious as I had been lead to believe.
  • Hung out in Seattle on Saturday: We went to the Jet City Comic Show, which was seriously lame (we only went b/c a couple of our pals were going). It was like a flea market, basically. We ended up hitting the Italian Festival, The Children’s Museum, and Orange Julius. It was good times – I’m glad we got out and saw new things.

There was also the fountain. Midget enjoyed it, Munchkin was like, "Fuck no."
  • Midget’s feet are insanely wide, which makes shoe shopping a HUGE pain in the ass. Does anyone know where I can find a good assortment of wide shoes?
  • My second cousin is in Footloose, and it’s weird.  (When I saw her in the commercial I was like, “GTFO! Really?!”) I had heard a while back that she was cast in the movie, but I figured that it was a bit-part. Apparently not? IDK. I haven’t talked to her in years, which kinda sucks b/c we got along swimmingly back in the day. Oh, well.
  • Come to think of it, I don’t talk to ANYONE much these days. I hate it when I miss people and they’re all like, “Meh.” It might be time to purge my contacts yet again.
  • Buffy Season Nine started and I still have yet to finish Season Eight. Fail on my part. Also fail? All of Jeremy and I’s comics are so disorganized that I have no idea of where anything is. Finding each issue is going to be like a goddamn scavenger hunt!

Too many scattered thoughts this week, and I’m not even in hypomanic mode, so that’s kind of scary. I need to pull my shit together, stat!

6 comments (+add yours?)

allstarme said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I used to be very diligent about bagging and boarding all my comics the day I bought them but for months now, I read them and stick them back into the bag from the shop. It's going to take me at least a day to organize and put all these away!

SimplyBug said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What's up with the Fall weather anyway. It's been as wet and rainy as Spring was. I haven't seen Bridesmaids but I may ad that to my list.

Cathy Kennedy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Isn't the iPhone so cool? My DH bought one for my in May and I just love it! I never thought I would like a smartphone this much. Boy, was I ever wrong. Enjoy!

Randoming with you,
Cathy
Hair Dye to Ice Cream Comparison with RTT

Doria said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

SOunds like a lovely time for sure! I too hate it when you go lengthy times without talking and they are like Meh... lol.zz :)

Kristine said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I didnt find Bridesmaids as hilarious as everyone said either..

Megan said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That's exactly what I said about Bridesmaids. I liked it, and I'll see the sequel. But, everyone acted like it was going to blow my mind, and it just didn't.

Your day in Seattle sounds so nice. We haven't done anything in over a month thanks to this damn move. :(

Post a Comment

Cake -- and grief counseling -- will be available at the conclusion of this comment.