Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I'm more upset about this than I should be

Update: Due to massive formatting issues with Blogger (as well as my own goddamn stupidity) a couple of images didn't show up in the earlier versions of this post. Goddamn, I hope hitting "preview" and "publish" will stop giving me different results...

So. Iconic character; same face/look (wardrobe changes notwithstanding) for roughly ten years. Out of nowhere she's given a  new, outright bizarre face with no explanation other than some bullshit about "keeping the character fresh." It's like suddenly giving Mario six-pack abs, or modeling Link after Christian Bale -- to keep them fresh, of course!

Before; Resident Evil Remake

Before; Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Resident Evil 5; note the bitchin' ball cap and newer tech.

After; Resident Evil: Revelations

After; Resident Evil: Revelations

After; Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
(looks more human than Rev; will chalk that up to Slant Six)

What's up, botox? What's up nose-job? Do the character designers think that this new, plastic look is more visually appealing to gamers? I don't think I would mind so much if this was an all new character, but it's not, so... yeah. 

At least there are other people out there who feel the same way, so that makes me feel a little less like a crazy fan-girl bitch. There are even petitions and Facebook pages about it, but with only a couple of hundred people getting in on it (despite even some Twitter efforts of her original face model), nothing will change. 

As much as it pains me to say (type) it, I think the newly botoxed, straight busted Jill is here to stay.

2 comments (+add yours?)

Doria said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Looks like she toughend up to me :)

Lex said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That bitch is MADE of tough!

Post a Comment

Cake -- and grief counseling -- will be available at the conclusion of this comment.