Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Random Tuesday Thoughts #53 -- At the risk of sounding like a couch potato...

After a bit of a hiatus, I actually have enough ammo for…

Stacy
Still hosting RTT like a boss!

  • The mid-season ender of The Walking Dead seriously wrecked my shit for a good thirty-six hours or so. The last five minutes was one of those scenes that just… sticks.
  • I’ve been potty-training Munchkin with some pretty good results. I hope I didn’t just jinx it by typing that. Now, if I can get her to start pooping… and wean her off of the treats she’s currently being bribed with.
  • I had a Deathly Hallows double-feature a few nights ago: obviously both movies back to back. Part II’s Battle For Hogwarts was so much more epic and amazing in my head, but whatever. I must say that being fully awake while watching the Courtyard Apocalypse sequence made a big difference in how it affected me, though. The shot of Lavender is chilling.
  • Snape’s memories still completely wrecked my shit. “Always.” Goddamn you, Snape!
After all this time...
  • Midget put on one of my old bras and strutted into the kitchen like she was the cat’s meow. I would be lying if I said it wasn’t at all creepy.
  • Dexter and Homeland combo on Sunday nights = awesome night for telly.
  • The entirely of Boardwalk Empire is sitting on my DVR, neglected and unwatched.
  • Congratulations to Miguel Cotto for beating up Antonio Margarito over the weekend! For all you non-boxing savvy readers, the pair fought three years ago, Cotto getting the living shit beaten out of him. In Margarito’s very next bout, they discovered that he was attempting to go into the fight with plaster-loaded wraps on his hands. Obviously, the question was raised as to whether or not his gloves were loaded against Cotto. Judging by how Saturday’s fight went, they were.
  • Sushi.
  • "Baby, I'm no Fred Flinstone, but I'll make your bed rock!" Whyyyy do things like this exist?!
  • I can't handle cold weather. It's tragic because it is fucking cold up in this piece, and I may actually have to invest in some thermal underwear.
  • Writer’s block can suck on my nuts.
Aaand, with that last though, I’m out!

7 comments (+add yours?)

VandyJ said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I am wearing my thermal undies as someone left the freezer door open around here. It is way freaking cold!

Self Sagacity said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I was going to try the walking dead but wasn't sure if I'd like it with the zombies and all. After reading this I think I will give it a try.

Self Sagacity said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

New GFC follower, come by and have a visit. :-)

Doria said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Gah I hate cold weather. Im also guilty of missing this seaon of Walking Dead, it makes me sad. ATT can suck on something with their On Demand that wont show me anything. So I'm missing a few episodes from the beginning of this season and because Im impatient I went ahead and watched the newest one I've got saved. UGH. I feel lost and so desperately want to see the rest!

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I missed the first season of the Walking Dead and am going back to watch it before I start season 2. It's been hard not to jump in. My DVR is packed. I really need to find time to watch all this stuff I've been recording.

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

# "Baby, I'm no Fred Flinstone, but I'll make your bed rock!" Whyyyy do things like this exist?!

# I can't handle cold weather. It's tragic
because it is fucking cold up in this piece, and I may actually have to invest in some thermal underwear.

Exactly!!! :) I cannot STAND the songs from which that lyric comes from... seriously!

clara said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I agree re: writer's block.
I am envious of your potty training.
I know nothing about boxing but yay Miguel!
#randomcommentwednesday

Post a Comment

Cake -- and grief counseling -- will be available at the conclusion of this comment.