Tuesday, August 30, 2011
If you're here,you must be totally bored; I know I am.
- Are the East Coast readers doing alright in the wake of Irene?
- Met up with LG and her kids when they rolled through town for their road trip Thursday; we had a blast hitting up the Pike Place Market and Woodland Park Zoo. It was so great to kick it with them, and I was hella sad to see them go.
- I’m pretty upset that Jeff was voted out of the Big Brother house last week. I like him and Jordon; they seem like they would be fun to kick it with. It was also really sad to see Jordon flip out the way she did; she’s so adorable! Like… I just wanted to give her a big hug!
- Goddamn, I LOVE Live105’s Subsonic! I used to listen to it all the time back in the day; I’m so happy that I can stream it via iTunes, but it’s sort of bittersweet since I usually can’t make it past the first half-hour or so. Being a grown-up with huge responsibilities (i.e. early rising children) kind of sucks sometimes.
- Hung up some more curtains on Saturday. Exciting, I know.
- Back to Subsonic for a second: the Halloween Ball sounds awesome. I wish they would broadcast it – I would stream that shit in a heartbeat.
- Midget will be five in a couple of weeks, and it’s sort of mind-blowing (for me).
- Sometimes Munchkin is so cute that I can barely stand it.
- That is, until it is 11:12 pm and she is still awake, making the loudest noises possible and making random statements such as, "I am upstairs and you are downstairs!"
- Okay, okay, she's still cute, but this phase bugs the shit out of me.
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
I always like to say a little something before I go into the usual brain purging, but I can’t seem to find the right words. I'm feeling a little more normal this week, though, so today's Random is (thankfully) not full of indifference or melancholy. Whee~!
- Jeremy and I celebrated thirteen years together over the weekend. We celebrated by watching Big Brother, and True Blood, and shouting at the kids to “GO TO SLEEP” at, like, 10:30 at night. It was awesome.
- There were other, erm, "festivities," but that's all I'm going to say about that. Winky face.
- I know I have said this before, but I am going to reiterate: I fucking HATE DC Universe Online. I have never played it, but I am subjected to Jeremy’s sessions constantly, and I can honestly say that I despise the damn thing. The audio is atrocious, there are camera problems galore, and it is flat-out glitched as fuck: every time Jeremy plays there’s, like, a million things that just aren’t working. How anyone can get into this game is beyond me. Move on to something worth playing, man!!!
- Related: I love Gina Torres; she was awesome in Firefly, Serenity, and Angel (and pretty much anything she's in, really...), but her V.O. work as Wonder Woman is fucking awful. You’re better than that, Gina Torres!!
- Had to have the brakes on my car done. I hate hate hate when I have to have any work done on that bitch whatsoever! I don’t trust mechanics, and being without my ride in a single-car household obviously does not work for anyone here.
- They need to fucking close the set of The Dark Knight Rises. There are way too many images and videos of that shit going viral. At the rate it’s going, the whole damn movie is going to be leaked in bits and pieces on YouTube before it even hits post-production.
- Caught Midget sleep-walking (sleep-sitting?) a few nights ago. Once again, it was creepy as fuck; she was sitting up at the edge of her bed, looking down – hair all covering her face and shit. (Sooo glad I couldn’t see those eyes!) Think Samara from The Ring.
- Creepy, RIGHT?! (Okay, it wasn't that bad, but it was pretty close.)
- I’ve been wanting to do something creative lately, but every time I try it just goes belly-up before I even get started.
- Confession: I actually enjoy watching The Disney Channel’s Good Luck Charlie. I find it legitimately funny, probably because I am getting lamer and lamer in my old age.
- LG is taking a road trip and will be here on Thursday, so I am like this:
Sunday, August 21, 2011
I was trying to come up with an awesome, poignant post about the thirteen years that I’ve spent with my husband, but, as usual, my brain swallows the shit up and I end up all, “Derp?”
So, I suppose I can get all stream-of-consciousness up in this bitch, but that’s no fun, is it? When it comes to something like this?
Clearly, we are making it. Like bosses.
I love the bloke, big teddy bear that he is. And he must love me, if he’s willing to stick around my batshit crazy ass for this long. Either that, or he is masochistic as fuck.
Regardless, love continues to be in the air for us, even after all these years. Sure, he can be a dick sometimes, and I can be quite horrible, but at the end of the day none of that matters because we are fucking making it!
So, Jeremy, if you read this, happy anniversary. LUUUUUBBBBBB~!!!
Monday, August 15, 2011
Another Tuesday is here, but I reckon that my Random is broken. I’ll give it a go, but only to keep my weekly posting streak alive.
|Keepin' it real.|
- Pleased that the True Blood cliff-hanger I was all sad about turned around and made me un-sad. Wondering where the season is ultimately going to go; it’s been rather interesting, but what next?
- Finally got some curtains for the living room over the weekend. Hanging them was a bitch: So much measuring, and marking, and measuring, and drilling, and marking, and measuring. At least they look nice…
- Midget is all enrolled in Kindergarten, and I feel massively better. I even got her into the (tuition-based) all day program, so I’m extremely pleased. Now, all we have to do is get through that first six-week-probation-period hurdle.
- “Hurdle” is a strange word.
- I have hella hair, and it’s hella thick, and it takes hella time to manage – time that I don’t have. On the flip side, it looks better long; if I cut it, it makes my face look fat, and then I lament cutting it in the first place. Why can’t this shit ever be simple?
- There is an insane amount of construction going on just down the road from my place. All of the surrounding woods have been demolished in favour of… more housing, I suppose? I’ve never been one to be all “ZOMG Mother Gaia, NATURE!” and shit, but I drove by a whole mess of decimated forest and felt strangely sad about it. Honestly, what I should feel sad about is the increased traffic one all of the work is done.
- Okay, so, over the last couple of weeks, I have not been a joy to be around, and I’ve been kindasorta hiding from the world for the last few days. In fact, after I post this, I’m going right back into my shell for awhile. Do not send help.
Well, that about does it. I’ll be back in a week or so, and hopefully I’ll be shiny and brand-new.
Tuesday, August 9, 2011
My brain is totally about to spit-up a bit. Go on and grab a burp cloth, and maybe some of those Clorox wipes: this might get messy.
|Continuing to hold it down in Keely's absence.|
- Jeremy is back from Cali, which is quite nice, as taking on the kids solo is always a struggle: I would suck as a single mom. (Rephrase: I would suck even more as a single mom.)
- I think I’m in love with Wallpaper. : I know I mentioned them before, but I’ve been getting familiar with some of their other songs. The lyrics are awesome, not because they are particularly meaningful, but because they are funny and strike a chord with the part of my brain that still thinks about the Bay Area from time to time.
- “Hit Trader Joe's for the 2 buck chuck/20 some bottles cost 40 some dollars (bucks).”
- I’m also in love with Rage Toons. I know they have been around for awhile, and I had read a few here and there, but I lost most of my Saturday going through tumblr and dying.
- True Blood: I’m really upset by the ending of Sunday night’s episode. Keeping my eyes peeled during the preview for next week does not make me hopeful for an optimistic outcome. If I could insert an audio file here (and I probably could but I am too lazy to do that shit), it would be of Darth Vader screaming, “NOOOOOOO” in Episode III.
- So, apparently, I’m known throughout the neighborhood as “the woman with the pink hair.” My MIL was here for a couple of days last week to run support and struck up a conversation with some chicks at the teeny playground down the street, which I don’t get because I dyed this shit back to brown not too long after moving in. Last year. My MIL forgot that I even had that hair color (which I cannot get for the life of me), so she was like, “Noo?”
- I bet those bitches are hella confused now.
- Speaking of life in suburbia, I found out via the Facebook page (yes, there is a Facebook page) that one of the blokes somewhere hosts a fantasy football league. Seriously? Don’t I have any normal neighbors?! I hope a friendly, sassy gay couple buys the house around the corner. Because I totally need a sassy gay friend. Preferably one who can give me pointers on the proper application of eye shadow.
On that awesome note, I’m out for the week, unless I think of something rad to post in the meantime. So… peace.
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Random Tuesday Thoughts #38: I meant it when I said I was going to bitch about my cancelled vacation this week
It’s Tuesday, but it's nowhere near hyphie this week.
|Stacy is still awesome.|
- I should have been down in Cali, kickin’ at the beach, goddammit!!! Thanks, thing that shall remain nameless,
for changing shit up and totally fucking up my shit!!
- On the bright side, the weather up here has actually been rather nice, so at least I’m not dying in the usual doom & gloom of the Pacific Northwest.
|I don't know who to give credit to, but this is... amazingly accurate.|
- Gizmo continues to be the stupidest fucking cat in all of existence. I get so annoyed with him that it’s not even funny (anymore).
- I’ve been messing with Spotify a bit. I’m not sure if I like it just yet, but it does earn some points for letting me listen to stuff that hasn't been released yet.
- I really wish I was kickin’ it in Cali right now.
- I have freckles. It’s weird; I never used to have them but over the last few years they have kindasorta blown up, as they are a bit more prominent than they used to be. They are only on my nose though; I'm like Rapunzel up in here.
- I need to decide on a new game to play. I still haven’t finished Alan Wake, but I’d really like to go for something a little less stressful.
- Tried drawing again. Failed miserably.
- Next week I will register Midget for kindergarten and I am hella stoked about it. She made it!!!! Now we just need to make it past the six-week “probation” period and then everything will be fucking golden!
- On the subject of golden, LG is all booked up for a local hotel and will be here at the end of the month! I’m so glad that I’ll get to hang out with at least one familiar face from CA. Still wish I could kick it with Megan and gryffindormom but there’s nothing I can do about that now.
- I’m still in lawn-weeding hell. Over the weekend I pulled weeds that were as tall as my children! (No more birds have decided to hang out on my ass, though, so that's a plus...) Jeremy and I should just pay a landscaper, since we clearly don’t have the time to get to this shit before it gets completely out of hand.