Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Fuck yeah, Tuesday!
- I finally joined the happening folks of the world and upgraded to an iPhone yesterday. I have the white one, and I uploaded a pretty bokeh wallpaper to it, and it’s hella pretty! I love getting new gadgets and playing with them until I have everything EXACTLY the way I want it.
- I also ordered a custom case with a Portal 2 design; it’s going to be sooooo fucking sick! I can’t wait to get it!
- There was a crazy wind storm a few nights ago that knocked out the power in the entire neighborhood at 4:30 in the morn; it was so strong that it threatened to snap my beloved cherry tree in half. Also, the power outage obviously meant that the girls’ night lights went out, so at 5:52, Midget randomly woke up and was like, “AAAHHH!”
- Watched Bridesmaids over the weekend; funny flick, but not as hilarious as I had been lead to believe.
- Hung out in Seattle on Saturday: We went to the Jet City Comic Show, which was seriously lame (we only went b/c a couple of our pals were going). It was like a flea market, basically. We ended up hitting the Italian Festival, The Children’s Museum, and Orange Julius. It was good times – I’m glad we got out and saw new things.
|There was also the fountain. Midget enjoyed it, Munchkin was like, "Fuck no."|
- Midget’s feet are insanely wide, which makes shoe shopping a HUGE pain in the ass. Does anyone know where I can find a good assortment of wide shoes?
- My second cousin is in Footloose, and it’s weird. (When I saw her in the commercial I was like, “GTFO! Really?!”) I had heard a while back that she was cast in the movie, but I figured that it was a bit-part. Apparently not? IDK. I haven’t talked to her in years, which kinda sucks b/c we got along swimmingly back in the day. Oh, well.
- Come to think of it, I don’t talk to ANYONE much these days. I hate it when I miss people and they’re all like, “Meh.” It might be time to purge my contacts yet again.
- Buffy Season Nine started and I still have yet to finish Season Eight. Fail on my part. Also fail? All of Jeremy and I’s comics are so disorganized that I have no idea of where anything is. Finding each issue is going to be like a goddamn scavenger hunt!
Too many scattered thoughts this week, and I’m not even in hypomanic mode, so that’s kind of scary. I need to pull my shit together, stat!
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Insert the Rocky theme song here.
|Stacy continues to hold up the fort in Keely's absence.|
- Oh, shit, you guys – the new season of 90210 has started!
- Mayweather vs. Ortiz: surely, even the non-boxing fans have heard about this? (If not, Google and/or Buzzfeed got your back.) I really wish that the fight would have gone on longer than it did, but Ortiz seriously fucked it up. Floyd’s sucker punch was totally legal and rather deserved for that attempted head butt. If somebody tried to hit me with a dirty move like that, I’d clock the shit out of them, too.
- Mayweather vs. Merchant (post fight): I don’t know what the hell that was about, but I heart Larry Merchant, little old drunkard that he is. I love that he stood up for himself while Floyd was talking shit to him: “If I were fifty years younger I’d kick your ass!” Awesome.
|I don't have a witty caption for this.|
- I’m about to commit videogame world blasphemy here by saying that I am honestly not jazzed about Gears of War 3 dropping today. Like, at all. Give me Resident Evil 4 HD, instead.
- Speaking of my beloved RE series, Jeremy and I finally sat down and watched Resident Evil: Afterlife on Saturday, and I can honestly say that it is one of the worst movies I have ever fucking seen in my entire life. The guy that played Wesker, by the way? Terrible actor: absolutely dreadful -- and missing the evil mastermind swagger that the former S.T.A.R.S. captain is supposed to possess.
- Oh! And straight lifting the fight scenes from RE5 with minor changes? That’s not an homage: it’s straight lifting the fight scenes from the game b/c the fight choreographer got lazy!
- I need the new season of Dexter in my life, like, right now. Also, why the fuck is Michael C. Hall always getting dissed by the Emmy people? The guy's acting is absolutely brilliant!
Thursday, September 15, 2011
Okay, you guys. Seriously? What the fuck is this?
|Meet the newest addiction to the cast of RE: Revelations: |
Monday, September 12, 2011
Yo. You’re familiar with the routine, yes? Weekly flood of thoughts that don’t add up to a coherent post equals…
|The one and only~|
- I was going to post about 9/11, but it was scrapped, lost to the bowels of the CTRL+A + DELETE. I don’t feel that I have the right to go on about something that didn’t affect me the way it affected others, you know?
- I’ve been trying really hard to keep my RTT streak alive, but I feel it faltering. I’m so close to doing this every week for a year! Must… keep… going! It’s surprisingly difficult to drain a brain that doesn’t have much going on, though.
- I think I feel the creative spark coming on, but I really don’t want to jinx it. I think my main issue is motivation: I’m perpetually exhausted, and by the end of the day I just want to sit and do nothing. Or fuck around on Twitter. Whichever.
- I’m extremely thankful that my man can cook.
- Midget seems to be enjoying kindergarten, which is clearly awesome.
- So, season finale of True Blood: totally better than expected. Holy shit at the last two (?) minutes!!
- I got my Halloween costume hella early and I’m actually feeling pretty good about it. It’s a really neat zombie cop number. I’ll take it a step further with my trusty bottle of coagulated blood… just have to try not to scare the girls too much.
- Everyone is all up in Gears of War 3 dropping next week, but not me; I am way more stoked about Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil: Code Veronica hitting X-Box Live in a couple of weeks.
|THIS. (Redfields. ♥)|
- I have a ridiculous amount of Word docs open right now.
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
(That’s not a typo.)
- Midget is starting kindergarten tomorrow and I would be lying if I said that I wasn’t nervous as shit. There’s a meet and greet later today, so hopefully seeing the place and meeting her teacher will help put me at ease for tomorrow.
- Also, Midget’s birthday is next week: she will be five. FIVE. Holy fucking shit!
- The preview for the season ender of True Blood makes it look hella intense, but if it ends on a weak note (as it usually does), I will be terribly vexed.
- Munchkin has been having issues going to sleep lately; it drives me nuts. A few nights ago she was actually awake until damn near one a.m.
- The fact that she apparently has super-hearing does not help matters.
- Heard a bomb-ass song called “When I’m Small,” by a band called Phantogram on Subsonic’s stream about a week ago. Fucking love it.
- Once again, thank you Subsonic for introducing me to some hella sick tunes.
- Still having trouble getting creative. Still sick of it.
On that note, not much else to say. Good times, good times…