Tuesday, December 27, 2011
The year is coming to an end, so I figured why not get in on this one last time before 2012?
|Like a boss.|
- Christmas was chaos! Pure, unbridled chaos! I’m so glad that it’s over – what about you guys?
- The girls got HELLA stuff! HELLA stuff. Stuff that took eons to open because of the absolutely insane amount of plastic, cardboard, and twine that I spent Christmas morning cutting through. Stuff that is already scattered all over the damn house. Needless to say, they are quite happy.
- Jeremy got me my own frappucino maker, meaning that I will be overly caffeinated FOREVER. Ooh! And it comes with recipes for alcoholic coffee drinks, which probably shouldn’t be allowed to exist, but, clearly, they do! Alcohol + caffeine high… I’ll let you know how that works out.
- On the subject of caffeine highs: A few days ago Alice Bradley, AKA Finslippy, posted some amazing gems to the “Twitterverse”:
- I’ve been playing a very slow game of catch-up with American Horror Story. That show, is fucking weird. Oh, and Tate? OMGWTFBBQSCREAM!!! I might do a more thorough, albeit spoiler-heavy post in regards to that chap another time, because, well… why not?
|I can never watch Kick-Ass the same way again.|
See you next year~!!
Wednesday, December 21, 2011
Update: Due to massive formatting issues with Blogger (as well as my own goddamn stupidity) a couple of images didn't show up in the earlier versions of this post. Goddamn, I hope hitting "preview" and "publish" will stop giving me different results...
So. Iconic character; same face/look (wardrobe changes notwithstanding) for roughly ten years. Out of nowhere she's given a new, outright bizarre face with no explanation other than some bullshit about "keeping the character fresh." It's like suddenly giving Mario six-pack abs, or modeling Link after Christian Bale -- to keep them fresh, of course!
|Before; Resident Evil Remake|
|Before; Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles|
|Resident Evil 5; note the bitchin' ball cap and newer tech.|
|After; Resident Evil: Revelations|
|After; Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City|
(looks more human than Rev; will chalk that up to Slant Six)
What's up, botox? What's up nose-job? Do the character designers think that this new, plastic look is more visually appealing to gamers? I don't think I would mind so much if this was an all new character, but it's not, so... yeah.
At least there are other people out there who feel the same way, so that makes me feel a little less like a crazy fan-girl bitch. There are even petitions and Facebook pages about it, but with only a couple of hundred people getting in on it (despite even some Twitter efforts of her original face model), nothing will change.
As much as it pains me to say (type) it, I think the newly botoxed, straight busted Jill is here to stay.
Tuesday, December 6, 2011
After a bit of a hiatus, I actually have enough ammo for…
|Still hosting RTT like a boss!|
- The mid-season ender of The Walking Dead seriously wrecked my shit for a good thirty-six hours or so. The last five minutes was one of those scenes that just… sticks.
- I’ve been potty-training Munchkin with some pretty good results. I hope I didn’t just jinx it by typing that. Now, if I can get her to start pooping… and wean her off of the treats she’s currently being bribed with.
- I had a Deathly Hallows double-feature a few nights ago: obviously both movies back to back. Part II’s Battle For Hogwarts was so much more epic and amazing in my head, but whatever. I must say that being fully awake while watching the Courtyard Apocalypse sequence made a big difference in how it affected me, though. The shot of Lavender is chilling.
- Snape’s memories still completely wrecked my shit. “Always.” Goddamn you, Snape!
|After all this time...|
Aaand, with that last though, I’m out!
- Midget put on one of my old bras and strutted into the kitchen like she was the cat’s meow. I would be lying if I said it wasn’t at all creepy.
- Dexter and Homeland combo on Sunday nights = awesome night for telly.
- The entirely of Boardwalk Empire is sitting on my DVR, neglected and unwatched.
- Congratulations to Miguel Cotto for beating up Antonio Margarito over the weekend! For all you non-boxing savvy readers, the pair fought three years ago, Cotto getting the living shit beaten out of him. In Margarito’s very next bout, they discovered that he was attempting to go into the fight with plaster-loaded wraps on his hands. Obviously, the question was raised as to whether or not his gloves were loaded against Cotto. Judging by how Saturday’s fight went, they were.
- "Baby, I'm no Fred Flinstone, but I'll make your bed rock!" Whyyyy do things like this exist?!
- I can't handle cold weather. It's tragic because it is fucking cold up in this piece, and I may actually have to invest in some thermal underwear.
- Writer’s block can suck on my nuts.