Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Random Tuesday Thoughts #56: I'm too tired to think of a decent title, so I'll call this "Dracula's Lament" because I can
Oh, shit, you guys. Second week in a row that I’m doing this! Back in the swing of things? I honestly can’t say. Oh, well, whatever. Let’s go.
- The whole household has been sick over the last week or so. Jeremy and Munchkin got hit HELLA HARD. I feel so bad for both of them.
- Related: anyone that follows me on Twitter knows of how I have been bitching about the “inspirational” messages that are being printed on Halls cough drop wrappers now. Anyone who doesn't follow, well, you were just given the abridged version.
- The kids are still having massive sleep issues. It’s never going to stop: Jeremy has always been that way, and, obviously, he has passed it down to the kids. By the way, by “massive sleep issues,” I mean they literally cannot fall asleep until midnight or after (this is particularly bad with Midget). NOTHING WORKS. It’s brutal, to say the least.
- I absolutely MUST finish Alan Wake at some point this year! I have been putting it off for so long; in fact, part of me wonders if I should be doing that instead of blogging right now? Anyway, the follow-up, American Nightmare, is coming soon, so I’m going to try to finish up before it comes out.
No more tweed jacket! Yes!!
- I know this is hella old, but Cracked.com’s Series of Emails from Cyberdyne’s New Tech Guy is pretty goddamn funny. Check it out if you have a minute.
- Midget has decided that she would like to be British, and so she tries to “speak British.” This is, infact, as ridiculous it sounds.
- Rise of the Planet of the Apes is actually a pretty good movie. Pleasantly surprised by this.
- Idiot-Asshole-Cat-Gizmo’s vet is borderline harassing me with reminders that he is overdue for his physical. Part of what was so awesome about the vet in Cali (aside from the fact that I worked there and the staff and I were hella cool with each other) is that they would send out reminder post cards on a monthly basis – not EVERY GODDAMN WEEK.
- Walking Dead is coming back in two weeks! Who’s excited about that?
Alright, I think that does it this time around. I may not do these on a weekly basis anymore, so I can’t give you a neat little “come back next time” outro, so I’ll just encourage you to drop in every now and then to keep up with the crazy. Peace out~
Saturday, January 28, 2012
A few days ago, I decided to take on the Herculean task of combing the knots out of the hair of a Rapunzel doll that Munchkin got for Christmas. In retrospect, giving a three-year old a doll that has long, golden magic hair was probably a bad idea, because small children have a tendency to ravage the living shit out of their toys, but, hey – the kid likes Rapunzel, so whatever.
I’d run into the doll here and there (since, you know, it too resides in my place of residence) and I would pick it up and kind of fix the hair a little bit and leave it alone because it really wasn’t that bad. Enter Monday afternoon, when I stumbled upon the doll in one of the bedrooms. Only this time, that long, golden hair was FUBAR. Hell, it was FUBAR beyond FUBAR.
Anybody with kids knows that fixing toys is part of the job description, and this definitely needed fixing. So, I grabbed several hair ties and a brush and went to work. It took a combined total of about four hours between two days (because I had hella shit to do) but in the end, I was victorious. There were a couple of minor set-backs: the brush broke twice, and I had to cut two knots out completely, but I did it; I won!
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
It’s been a minute since I’ve been a part of the random fray, and now Dorkisms feels empty and sad, so I’m going to join in this week and hope that the sleep-deprivation currently fueling this doesn’t make me look crazier than I already am. So, let’s get this shit started, yes?
- If you stopped by last Wednesday, you’re aware that I went dark for the SOPA and PIPA protest. I don’t know about you guys, but seeing as how I sometimes post copyrighted images and videos here, the bills would have the potential to seriously fuck up my shit. I’m so glad that both of them have been shelved indefinitely. Victory!
- Those back to back storms that pelted the Pacific Northwest with hella snow? Yeah, that was in my neck of the woods. We had well over a foot; Midget’s school was closed for the entire week. It suuuucked.
- On Sunday (once it was safe to drive again) Jeremy and I took the girls to see the Phineas & Ferb live show that had rolled into town. It was pretty neat: I totally recommend it. My only warning is that the Phineas mask is one of the creepiest looking things on the goddamn planet.
- Resident Evil 6 was announced last week, and a bitchin’ trailer came with the news. I’ve been geeking out about it ever since.
- Munchkin got a Rapunzel doll for Christmas, and her long, flowing locks are FUBAR. Yesterday I spent well over an hour combing its hair, and I’m not even halfway done.
- I was tagged in a blog meme last week, and I have been dragging ass on completing it because my writing opportunities have been pretty sparse lately. I will get it done, damn it!!
- I’ve been trying to cut back on Mountain Dew ever since that story about it having the capability to turn a mouse into gelatinous goop came out, but I just can’t do it. It tastes good and is filled with caffeine, damn it!
Well... fuck. I ran out of steam really quickly on this one. Now you understand why I haven’t been posting regularly! I need to go crash. Cheers!
Sunday, January 8, 2012
I found this image uploaded to several Resident Evil fan pages by the same user, and I think it is bloody hilarious. Check it out:
|Do you see what I see?|
I'm a little flattered that my shot (on the left -- you can see it here) was so convenient for this person's use.
Also, "beauty mouth" is simply lolz.