Saturday, January 28, 2012

The decisive battle

A few days ago, I decided to take on the Herculean task of combing the knots out of the hair of a Rapunzel doll that Munchkin got for Christmas. In retrospect, giving a three-year old a doll that has long, golden magic hair was probably a bad idea, because small children have a tendency to ravage the living shit out of their toys, but, hey – the kid likes Rapunzel, so whatever.

I’d run into the doll here and there (since, you know, it too resides in my place of residence) and I would pick it up and kind of fix the hair a little bit and leave it alone because it really wasn’t that bad. Enter Monday afternoon, when I stumbled upon the doll in one of the bedrooms. Only this time, that long, golden hair was FUBAR. Hell, it was FUBAR beyond FUBAR.

Anybody with kids knows that fixing toys is part of the job description, and this definitely needed fixing. So, I grabbed several hair ties and a brush and went to work. It took a combined total of about four hours between two days (because I had hella shit to do) but in the end, I was victorious. There were a couple of minor set-backs: the brush broke twice, and I had to cut two knots out completely, but I did it; I won!



How do you like them apples, blondie?!


5 comments (+add yours?)

Jennie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Total Hair magic!

Chris said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Straight lines are a thing of beauty. Well done.

Hey Monkey Butt said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

dayum!!! You're my hero!!! I've given up on that, lucky me my 8 year old chooses her battles with that shiz! :)

shasta @ bloggingwithmittens said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

OMG YES THE RAPUNZEL DOLL HAIR. THE BRAID IS GENIUS - DOING THIS TONIGHT. (I've been a little, uh, frustrated with that damn toy. Could ya tell?)

Lex said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@shasta @ bloggingwithmittens

LOL It's a surprisingly frustrating toy! I have had a ton of what-is-this-I-can't-even moments with this thing, which is just... odd.

I don't remember the dolls I had back in the day being so high maintenance.

Post a Comment

Cake -- and grief counseling -- will be available at the conclusion of this comment.