Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Random Tuesday Thoughts #55 -- Guess who's kind of back but not really

It’s been a minute since I’ve been a part of the random fray, and now Dorkisms feels empty and sad, so I’m going to join in this week and hope that the sleep-deprivation currently fueling this doesn’t make me look crazier than I already am. So, let’s get this shit started, yes?


Stacy




  • If you stopped by last Wednesday, you’re aware that I went dark for the SOPA and PIPA protest. I don’t know about you guys, but seeing as how I sometimes post copyrighted images and videos here, the bills would have the potential to seriously fuck up my shit. I’m so glad that both of them have been shelved indefinitely. Victory!
  • Those back to back storms that pelted the Pacific Northwest with hella snow? Yeah, that was in my neck of the woods. We had well over a foot; Midget’s school was closed for the entire week. It suuuucked.
  • On Sunday (once it was safe to drive again) Jeremy and I took the girls to see the Phineas & Ferb live show that had rolled into town. It was pretty neat: I totally recommend it. My only warning is that the Phineas mask is one of the creepiest looking things on the goddamn planet.
  • Resident Evil 6 was announced last week, and a bitchin’ trailer came with the news. I’ve been geeking out about it ever since.
  • Munchkin got a Rapunzel doll for Christmas, and her long, flowing locks are FUBAR. Yesterday I spent well over an hour combing its hair, and I’m not even halfway done.
  • I was tagged in a blog meme last week, and I have been dragging ass on completing it because my writing opportunities have been pretty sparse lately. I will get it done, damn it!!
  • I’ve been trying to cut back on Mountain Dew ever since that story about it having the capability to turn a mouse into gelatinous goop came out, but I just can’t do it. It tastes good and is filled with caffeine, damn it!


Well... fuck. I ran out of steam really quickly on this one. Now you understand why I haven’t been posting regularly! I need to go crash. Cheers!

5 comments (+add yours?)

Mom in High Heels said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Mmmm...Mountain Dew. This is James Bond's drug of choice. Have you tried Throwback Mountain Dew? It's made with sugar (what? REAL sugar? Shut up), like it originally was, as opposed to rat melting artificial sweeteners. It's really good. If you haven't tried it, you should.

I have friends at Ft. Lewis in WA and all they've talked about on FB is the snow and the insanity of it all. We've only had snow once this year, much to Indy's extreme disappointment.

Stacy Uncorked said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I didn't go dark last Wednesday (because I wasn't sure that I knew how - or if I did, would forget to un-dark it...) but I didn't post that day, either. I'm glad the bills have been shelved indefinitely - don't need the government raining on our internet parade. ;)

My aunt was lamenting the inundation of 18 inches of snow in her neck of the woods (she lives in Stanwood) I was a little jealous of all my family members posting awesome snow pics in the Seattle are and wishing our move had already happened so we could enjoy it too - at least Mother Nature threw us a bone with the little bit we got here over the weekend. :)

Sorry about the battle with Rapunzel's hair - that's one of the reasons I was glad PN didn't mention she wanted one... ;)

Non-School Snow Day and School Non-Fun

Hey Monkey Butt said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh no snow. Gawd I hpe we don't get any of that here!!! Im hoping! Glad all is well and that you aren't buried in snow! Welcome back!

Kristine said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Our snow last for only a day before it melted. Hubby was so depressed. ROFL!

Nadine Hightower said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I had one of those long hair chrissy doll and her hair was a mess!!! It never combed out!!

Post a Comment

Cake -- and grief counseling -- will be available at the conclusion of this comment.