Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Random Tuesday Thoughts #57 -- I'm watching 28 Days Later right now and it's at the part where shit gets real.

It’s Tuesday and it’s Valentine’s Day! Woohoo!


Stacy

  • First thing’s first: I’m trying a few different things out with my coding, including a new commenting system, so, yeah. If, for some reason, you try to comment and it doesn’t work, would you kindly let me know? (Twitter will be your best bet.) EDIT: comment section was actually broken this morning, but all is well. Back to Blogger's crappy default system, but whatever. I'll take that over not working at all any day.
  • So, you know those sad sacks that walk around every Valentine’s Day all, “FUCK Valentine’s Day!” and mope around and talk shit? Yeah, those people are wankers.
  • I bought an amazing art-nouveau Sleeping Beauty puzzle a few days ago: 1,000 pieces, absolutely gorgeous. I initially picked it up as a project to do with the girls because they both love doing puzzles, but after the first ten minutes I realized that this would be exceedingly difficult for them to get in on. I resolved to finish the puzzle and frame it, give it to one of the girls, and to procure the sister puzzle (of Cinderella) to give to the other. As luck would have it, 1,000 pieces turned out to be 998; two were completely absent from the box, and I’m rather unhappy about that.
  • Stopped in to the comic book store last night and saw the oddest thing: two kids walked in (16? 17? Maybe 18?). One girl, one bloke. He was a brony – have you lot heard of these things? Bronies are male fans of My Little Pony: boy/bloke + pony = brony. Anyway, this kid was a brony, as evidenced by his attire: a too-small, pastel-coloured pony (or maybe it was a unicorn?) costume haphazardly thrown over some skinny jeans and whatnot. Also, he was on a leash. Words cannot even begin to describe HOW BADLY I wanted to get a photo of this kid! Sadly, I was unable to. Hell, I couldn’t even keep a sustained glance in the pair’s direction, it was so goddamn ridiculous!
  • I didn’t watch the Grammy’s at all, but I read plenty of live-tweets about the event. Deadmau5’s epic trolling of Skrillex was brilliant. For those of you who are like, “Eh?” the former showed up to the event wearing Skrillex’s phone number on his t-shirt.

buzzfeed.com
Brilliant!
  • New Girl is quickly becoming one of my favourite shows on telly. It’s consistently funny and I hope that the writers can keep it up. Last week, in particular, had me dying. I even watched it again via On Demand for good measure and laughed just as much as I had previously.
  • On the subject of telly: WALKING DEAD. Hells yes. That's all I can say about that.


Well, that's all for me. Happy Valentine's Day, you guys!

5 comments (+add yours?)

Stacy Uncorked said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

The art-nouveau Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella puzzles sound cool - well, except for the missing pieces. That would suck getting to the end and find pieces missing after 998!

Seeing a sight like that in a comic book store (or anywhere, for that matter) would have been one of those times I would have been jonesin' to take a picture, but couldn't. :)

The New Girl is one of my FAVORITE new shows, too! It is hilarious, isn't it? One of the few I actually find myself laughing out loud to.

Valentine’s Day, (Possible) Near-Sighted Princess, The End of a Crappy Schedule

I am Harriet said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

My daughter told me the victim of the phone number prank changed his number. She did try to call it and his box was full.


Have a great Tuesday!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2012/02/dont-care-what-john-doe-tweets/

Self Sagacity said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Haha, that is too funny - I saw this figure on the Grammy's this week.

Heather said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I rummage through so many blogs. Yours is hilarious and smart and interesting. Thank you! I'm subscribing.

sarahs32flavors said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Blogger's comment system is one of the reasons I switched to Wordpress. I like it better. But it's a pain in the tukis to switch.
Do you think the Brony might have liked to have his picture taken? Maybe it would have made him feel even cooler.
Stupid missing puzzle pieces.

Post a Comment

Cake -- and grief counseling -- will be available at the conclusion of this comment.