Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Random Tuesday Thoughts #58: Swiper, no swiping!

I’m bored and it’s Tuesday, so that must mean that it’s time for…

Stacy
  • Went out and saw The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo for Valentine’s last week. Romantic film choice, right? I rather enjoyed it, though. Good movie, even if it is long as fuck.
  • I think I need to keep a running tally of how many times I have to trek up and down the stairs after putting the kids to bed since they, you know, don’t go to bed. They are constantly getting into shenanigans that involve screaming (why, oh why, do kids love to scream?), jumping, and more often than not, Munchkin getting her ass kicked by doorknobs, poorly-timed jumps, and whatever the hell else can harm a three-year old child.
  • On the plus-side, my ass looks amazing because, well, fuck a regular exercise regimen! Two kids + two flights of stairs = firmness. I’m not entirely sure about my cardio, but I have a feeling that it, too, has seen some kind of improvement over the last few months.
  • There is a copy of Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 1 sitting on a shelf across the room, waiting to be trolled.
  • A few days back I had to run some major diagnostics on my hard drive. iTunes was locking up my entire notebook, so, yeah, had to look into that. The scan found a bad cluster, so now I’m totally freaked out that my computer is going to die soon. Obviously I’m hoping that it doesn’t happen.
  • God, that would suuuuuck!!
  • I played Gears of War 3 for the first time over the weekend. Local multi-player; nothing special. I don’t feel the need to complete the campaign. I’ve seen the bulk of the cut-scenes including the ending, which, by the way, has some of the worst goddamn dialogue I’ve heard ever. So, so cheesy!
  • As of this moment I have been upstairs three times.
  • Found the missing pieces to the Sleeping Beauty puzzle I talked about last week. It’s all nice and framed and ready to be placed in Munchkin’s room. I just completed the Cinderella one earlier but I haven’t bought the frame yet.
  • LG suggested that I nickname her “Spoiler” because she tends to text me about The Walking Dead before I have seen the episode. Must change this.
  • I’m not particularly fond of this Timeline thing on Facebook. I changed over to it because I thought that it was going to be rolled out for all users on January 31st, but I guess that changed? So now I can't go back, but at least I have a bitchin' Portal image as my cover.
  • I’m totally cool with the “new” Twitter, though. I’m actually quite surprised that there are so many people out there that are just now getting it. I had it the first day it went live…
Okay, this has gone on longer than it should have. Sorry about that. Here, I’ll close out with Kevin Smith’s thoughts about Dora the Explorer, because it’s damn funny. Cheers!

6 comments (+add yours?)

Stacy Uncorked said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That video cracked me up! I had to send the link to the hubby, because I know he'll appreciate it as much as I did. ;)

Sounds like your bedtime routine mirrors mine with the Little Dude - only my ass won't be as firm as yours, because I only have one flight of steps instead of two, and sometimes I'll be lazy and just yell up the stairs for him to lay down and go to sleep. I cheat with the video baby monitor we have, so I can watch if he complies or if it means a trip up the stairs. ;)


Valentine Spoilage, Where’s My Water Addiction, The Hunger Games Dilemma

Katie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I hear ya on the steps and kiddos! Cute video lol. I was trying to figure out what he's wearing..trench coat and shorts? Maybe he was stoned when he got dressed..lol

Hey Monkey Butt said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh I do the same thing with Pokey every night. She skipped through the hall to the bathroom last night and I noticed she had a halloween costume on talking about her wonderful choice for school tomorrow. Girl so silly! New Twitter? Im missing my old facebook as well :/

Kristine said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I switched to Timeline for the same reason adn HATE that I'm now stuck with it. Ugh.

sarahs32flavors said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

As I was reading this my 8 year old came out from supposedly being put to bed. So then I nearly snorted about bedtimes. And I did snort about her getting her ass kicked by doorknobs, because that totally happens here.

I'm thinking I made a mistake getting a ranch style house with all bedrooms on the main level. Perhaps I would be in awesome shape if I had two levels.

Lex said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Stacy -- I usually try to do the yelling up the stairs thing, but it never works. Or it works for, like, a minute before I hear THOOOOOM followed by, "AAAAGGHHHHH!!!"

@Katie -- It's the Silent Bob Coat! :D

@Monkeybutt -- What is it with these girls and deciding that nighttime is the best time to put on their Halloween costumes? I mean, at least they put them to good(?) use, but, still.

@Kristine -- It really is vile :(

@Sarah -- Ranch style sounds pretty rad. Let's trade :D

Post a Comment

Cake -- and grief counseling -- will be available at the conclusion of this comment.