Monday, March 5, 2012

Oh shit, I'm talking about games again. But this one is a little different.

This post will probably seem like a shameless plug, or some kind of sponsored bullshit, but I assure you that it’s not; this is just something that I’d like to share because it flat out makes me happy.

Tomorrow marks the day when Unit 13 will be available for the PlayStation Vita here in North America. I’ve been anticipating this game in a much different fashion than, say, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 or Portal 2 prior to their respective releases; while I openly (and rabidly) fan-girled over those two titles in-particular, I’ve been very quiet about Unit 13, only mentioning it once or twice.

But why?

Because it’s Jeremy’s first game as senior designer and writer, and I didn’t want to accidentally let anything that shouldn’t slip slip. But I guess that, since it’s coming out, I can finally express – publicly – how fucking stoked I am. I watched my husband craft the characters and the setting, making his way over various hurdles. I was there when he wrote dialogue and even pointed out little typos here and there because, let’s face it, typing when you’re tired is hard.

So, yeah, Jeremy brought it, and I really hope that people pick this up and enjoy it. There’s been a good amount of buzz; the reactions to the demo have been positive, thus making me even happier for my man among men. I’m not going to tell you to buy it because I think that would be kind of weird, so I’ll just direct you to the official website so that you can take a look at some of his work on the character bios if you’re up for that. If not, no worries, but I assure you that it’s cool.

2 comments (+add yours?)

Hey Monkey Butt said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Very cool!!! I actually blame you for my interest in the Residenet Evil games I saw at Game Stop over the weekend. I'm no gamer nad don't own a single game, but I thought of your posts when I saw them. lolz..

Stacy Uncorked said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

How cool is that? So you're married to a gaming genius! :) Congrats to your hubby for the release - I'd be stoked, too. ;)

Post a Comment

Cake -- and grief counseling -- will be available at the conclusion of this comment.