Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Random Tuesday Thoughts #59 -- Katniss Everdeen would not be able to handle an armbar

I missed last week for some inexplicable reason, but I’ll try to make it up here, okay?

Stacy
Keely is still conspicuously absent, but it's all good. 

  • So, I started reading The Hunger Games Trilogy last week. My thoughts: the first one is okay and now I’m stoked to see how it translates on the big screen; second (Catching Fire) one brought it; third one (Mockingjay), which I have not finished yet, is boring as shit.
  • Awww shit, son! My husband's game, Unit 13, dropped in the States today! Yay!! I wrote about it in-depth yesterday.
  • My cat is a fucking idiot.
  • Sunday night’s Walking Dead: insert Darth Vader’s "NO" scream here.
  • I need warm weather in my life right fucking now. Snow seriously fucks up my shit.
  • Midget and Munchkin: still tormenting me with fucked up late night shenanigans. How I wish they understood that A) sleep is awesome and B) my internal mommy-mechanism won’t let me sleep until I know for certain that they are at rest.
  • Did not finish Alan Wake before the release of American Nightmare. Hell, I haven’t even popped it into the 360 since… fuck it, I don’t even know.
  • Female body builders freak me the fuck out.
  • Saturday night was the huge women’s MMA fight between Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate. Rousey took the victory by armbar, as usual, but HOLY FUCK, the way she twisted Tate’s arm was INSANE! Also insane is the fact that Tate didn’t tap the first time! She handled that shit like a boss! Here’s a picture of it because I’m a horrible human being. It was even worse in real time. Skip it if you’re unable to handle oddly bent appendages.
graciemag.com
Fuuuuuuuck!
  • Alright, maybe I shouldn’t have added that, but come on – you have to admire the woman’s tenacity: most people would break down the second that arm started to go, but she hung in there for a good bit.
Anyway, I’m tired, Munchkin requires attention. Here’s a palette cleanser to help get the horror of Rowdy Ronda’s finishing move out of your system.

Lo! It is Retard Cat, come to heal your eyes and warm your heart!
Cheers~!

5 comments (+add yours?)

Stacy Uncorked said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

With you and Gretchen (and a slew of others) reading The Hunger Games, I'm now going to have to get them and read them, too. Especially since Princess Nagger wants to read them. Though she has agreed to wait a couple of years. ;)

So cool about your hubby's game!!

Little Dude has been doing the late night shenanigans, too - I can empathize, I can't turn off my internal mommy-mechanism until both kids are asleep so I can finally go to sleep.

Female body builders freak me out, too - as does that picture.

Your cat is cute! :)


Being Warrior Cat Scourge, Diamond Candle Obsession, Wine-Opoly and Chocolate Fun

allstarme said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You're the first person who has said they didn't really care for Hunger Games. It wasn't something I would have ever picked up had people not convinced me but once I read it, I was hooked. Maybe check out Divergence by veronica Roth. It's also dystopian young adult but very different. Still quite good though.

Hey Monkey Butt said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

WOmen body builders freak me the eff out as well, gawd. Ive got the Walking Dead waiting for me on DVR. Can't wait! :)

I am Harriet said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

My son actually told me about that mma stuff.


Have a great Tuesday!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2012/03/yoga-ouch/

Hey Monkey Butt said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I've tagged you on my blog with an award, oh come on, you know you wanna check it out :)

Post a Comment

Cake -- and grief counseling -- will be available at the conclusion of this comment.