Saturday, April 14, 2012

I'm still alive, but not in the cool GLaDOS way.

It’s kind of funny that I’ve been so stuck on Alan Wake lately. See, Alan is a writer… a writer who has struggled with writer’s block for two years. Do you see why this is funny, yet? 

The writer.

My own personal bout of this… affliction (for lack of a better term) has been rather intense. I have things that I wish to write about, but the words won’t quite come together to form anything that makes sense. And, so, I sit around, eat ice cream sandwiches, and lament the situation. Meanwhile, this block seems to be seeping into everything else that I do. I can’t even tell you the last time I picked up my sketchbook. Or worked on craft projects, or scrapbooks. The motivation is there, but the actual product just isn’t.

I could blame this on the bullshit that has been my April, but that would be too easy, and not entirely true. This – whatever this is – spans back further than that. Maybe more music, less caffeine, and some Tarantino films will help draw me out of it.

4 comments (+add yours?)

Hey Monkey Butt said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Happens to me all the time!! Gawd! Yay icecream sammiches! :) YUm!

Kimber Leszczuk. said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I feel your pain!!! I went an entire year without even posting a new blog entry! I had stuff I wanted to say - even photos of idiotic things I wanted to share (like the person in the graduate student lot who pulled over top of the divider trapping their car) but still could not find the words I was searching for to portray my amusement.

Best of luck to you!! :)

Lex said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Kimber Leszczuk.

I was totally wondering where you've been! It seems like we are very much in the same boat. Good luck to you, too!

Jess said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This has been me the past few months. I sit down to write and NOTHING HAPPENS.
Total bullshit.

Post a Comment

Cake -- and grief counseling -- will be available at the conclusion of this comment.