Saturday, October 6, 2012

Fucking motherfucker of fucking fucks

Everyone says that everything happens for a reason, but I can’t think of a single reason why my husband has thyroid cancer.

Seriously, where’s the reason for this? He’s in his mid-thirties, he’s healthy. He’s a good person. But here we are: Hürthle cell carcinoma has decided to shack up in his thyroid. For no goddamn reason.

We have had a lot of people send us well-wishes, and offers to “be there” or whatever, which is so touching that I can’t even. (Thanks to any of you reading this, btw!) There are so many feels; too many, really, as anyone that really knows me is aware that I have LOTS of feels. In fact, I’m getting a little weepy right now, but I digress.

So, the next step is surgery sometime soon – within the month. As far as I know this is easily treatable. Rare, but treatable. (Because of course it would have to be rare form of this shit! What the fuck??) Jeremy is determined to kick the shit out of it (he isn't called @DunhamSmash for nothing). And kick the shit out of it he will.

Also?

Fuck cancer.

0 comments (+add yours?)

Post a Comment

Cake -- and grief counseling -- will be available at the conclusion of this comment.