Wednesday, March 28, 2012
I think there’s something in the air. Earlier this week The Bloggess wrote about not quite being herself, and I have to say that I’m right there with her. Something has me by my imaginary balls, a sort of general sense of malaise. I haven’t slept well in several weeks, and I’ve been kind of grumpy and out of it, so I suspect that this is a hypo-manic phase. I’m hoping that it will pass already, but environmental stress isn’t exactly helping.
Once I get back to my brand of normal I’ll start posting again: I have a lot of stuff I need to say about Disney, stereo-types, and my hair dye addiction.
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
I missed last week for some inexplicable reason, but I’ll try to make it up here, okay?
|Keely is still conspicuously absent, but it's all good.|
- So, I started reading The Hunger Games Trilogy last week. My thoughts: the first one is okay and now I’m stoked to see how it translates on the big screen; second (Catching Fire) one brought it; third one (Mockingjay), which I have not finished yet, is boring as shit.
- Awww shit, son! My husband's game, Unit 13, dropped in the States today! Yay!! I wrote about it in-depth yesterday.
- My cat is a fucking idiot.
- Sunday night’s Walking Dead: insert Darth Vader’s "NO" scream here.
- I need warm weather in my life right fucking now. Snow seriously fucks up my shit.
- Midget and Munchkin: still tormenting me with fucked up late night shenanigans. How I wish they understood that A) sleep is awesome and B) my internal mommy-mechanism won’t let me sleep until I know for certain that they are at rest.
- Did not finish Alan Wake before the release of American Nightmare. Hell, I haven’t even popped it into the 360 since… fuck it, I don’t even know.
- Female body builders freak me the fuck out.
- Saturday night was the huge women’s MMA fight between Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate. Rousey took the victory by armbar, as usual, but HOLY FUCK, the way she twisted Tate’s arm was INSANE! Also insane is the fact that Tate didn’t tap the first time! She handled that shit like a boss! Here’s a picture of it because I’m a horrible human being. It was even worse in real time. Skip it if you’re unable to handle oddly bent appendages.
- Alright, maybe I shouldn’t have added that, but come on – you have to admire the woman’s tenacity: most people would break down the second that arm started to go, but she hung in there for a good bit.
|Lo! It is Idiot Asshole Cat, come to heal your eyes and warm your heart!|
Monday, March 5, 2012
Tomorrow marks the day when Unit 13 will be available for the PlayStation Vita here in North America. I’ve been anticipating this game in a much different fashion than, say, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 or Portal 2 prior to their respective releases; while I openly (and rabidly) fan-girled over those two titles in-particular, I’ve been very quiet about Unit 13, only mentioning it once or twice.
So, yeah, Jeremy brought it, and I really hope that people pick this up and enjoy it. There’s been a good amount of buzz; the reactions to the demo have been positive, thus making me even happier for my man among men. I’m not going to tell you to buy it because I think that would be kind of weird, so I’ll just direct you to the official website so that you can take a look at some of his work on the character bios if you’re up for that. If not, no worries, but I assure you that it’s cool.