Tuesday, June 4, 2013

This could be a disaster

As I get older I can't help thinking that my filter is becoming more and more pointless. I have said this many times, but really letting loose and saying/typing exactly what's on my mind is much easier said than done. ('Sup, Captain Obvious?)

A couple of weeks back, I read a post over at Ramble Ramble in which the lovely Ginger talked about the potential for certain topics to be offensive to friends or family, and writing and ultimately deleting entire posts in order to not piss anyone off with her views on various things.

I have thought about this so much. SO much. I have this blog -- specifically for writing about things that I feel like writing about. So far, I have touched on subjects ranging from my husband's ordeal with thyroid cancer, to the woes of parenting, to that time I got annoyed about gender-discrepancy issues in Borderlands 2, so I suppose I'm doing pretty well.

But I feel like I'm censoring myself. No -- I know that I'm censoring myself. I have wanted to write about a lot of stuff, but I typically scrap posts because not only am I thinking, "Cool story, bro," but also because I do get concerned about reactions. People tend to get butt-hurt about the strangest things, and it's always best to err on the side of caution. I get that.

But you know what? 

Fuck it.

I'm going to write, goddamn it -- about specific things that I have held off on for way too long! I won't name names -- out of respect, of course -- but I can't keep these musings to myself. After all, I am capable of putting together things that don't involve my obsession with RE. You just wouldn't know it because of my tendency to, well... not.

So, who knows? Maybe some of these topics will spark legitimate discussion. More than likely, the majority of it will be incredibly boring. Nevertheless, oddities, annoyances, and illness are all fair motherfucking game.


Happy reading you guys.

0 comments (+add yours?)

Post a Comment

Cake -- and grief counseling -- will be available at the conclusion of this comment.