Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A bitter post about a bitter year

I can't believe I've gone so long without writing anything. I mean, I can, but... 


Whatever. Maybe I should start again? Because blogging is hard. Or, at least, it is now, when I feel I have literally nothing to say. Yet, here I am.

So, 2014 is about to end, and I couldn't be happier about it. For me, it was a shitty year, full of unwanted, catastrophic changes. My father's death was only one thing on a seemingly endless list of bullshit: 

U4ia games suddenly shutting down and completely fucking us (omg the rage I'm still feeling!); 
                               
                              having to sell our house (which I miss dearly) and move back to California;
       a crippling bout of depression that only those super close to me (okay, and my new, somewhat scary psychologist) know the extent of (maybe I'll write about it someday);
                          
                               a failed wiki that probably burned a bridge or two, and fucked up my shit in general (I still have some screenshots to add and a character section to finish... eventually);

and so.

much. 

more.

I wish that I could be optimistic as 2015 rolls in, but I'm finding it difficult, especially since 2014 literally STARTED on such a bad note. I am not expecting anything; all I can do is really, truly hope beyond all belief that this coming year will be fucking awesome and amazing and will make up for the past couple of years (because 2012 and 2013 were pretty shitty, too). 

To 2014 I say:


2 comments (+add yours?)

Monkey Butt said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Gah, I still haven't seen that movie.. It's all the rage and now you've got an even funnier little thing going on up there :) I understand the part about not having anything to say,I feel like I can relate. I am, however very sorry for your bad 2014. Hang in there my friend, I hope 2015 is better for you, and me and everyone else!!

Lex said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Okay, how on earth have you not seen Frozen? I marvel at anyone who somehow avoids the more ubiquitous trends of pop culture.

Also, thanks! Fingers crossed that 2015 is a better year for all!

Post a Comment

Cake -- and grief counseling -- will be available at the conclusion of this comment.